We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Insurance on old Skoda
Comments
-
thenudeone wrote: »However, if your car is worth so little that you would never claim for damage to it (because your policy would be cancelled and you would lose your NCD) then it is irrelevant what their claims department is like because you will never claim :rotfl:
and that, is why i don't care who insures me! cheap as possible and if i write the car off it can go on eBay for spares or repair.0 -
First of all - congratulations! I had a 105Lux which became upgraded to a 120Lux after a similar engine issue to yours! Really enjoyable car, but lethal in the wet! Seats used to melt in the sun.
You will be able to get classic car insurance for this easily. I paid £500 for my first year back in '97 3rd party F&T.
Good luck with it. It won't be the quickest or the flashest, or the quietest, but aside from the corrosion issues, this is as much of a classic as the VW Beetle, and it it doesn't cost silly money. The sad thing is, give it 6 months, and you'll be saying "I really want the Rapid Coupe!"0 -
First of all - congratulations! I had a 105Lux which became upgraded to a 120Lux after a similar engine issue to yours! Really enjoyable car, but lethal in the wet! Seats used to melt in the sun.
You will be able to get classic car insurance for this easily. I paid £500 for my first year back in '97 3rd party F&T.
Good luck with it. It won't be the quickest or the flashest, or the quietest, but aside from the corrosion issues, this is as much of a classic as the VW Beetle, and it it doesn't cost silly money. The sad thing is, give it 6 months, and you'll be saying "I really want the Rapid Coupe!"
Insurance for new drivers has changed considerably since then you know...0 -
Yes - strangely I do. My insurance now is actually more expensive than it was then!
My point was that insurance for new drivers is expensive - my skoda was D reg 86 plate, and didn't qualify for classic insurance. I know it will be more now!0 -
scotsman4th wrote: »Classic policy?
Normally I'd recommend this, but with the majority of them you don't get to accumulate NCB (though you do get "safe driver discounts" if you stay with them etc.)
Also, most of them have a lower age limit typically 21 or 25.Lack of money is the root of all evil.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards