Please Help - Need Broadband for Parents

Options
Hi Guys,

I am appealing to you all for some help and advice.

We (me and the wife) are wanting to sign up her parents to broadband. Our first baby is due in less than two weeks and we are doing it with the express reason of using a webcam so that they can see their first grandchild as they dont live near us.

We want to manage the cost (obviously) but need to ensure that the provider is easy to install, easy to use, and easy to contact (free if possible)if there is any problems. We want to make sure this present is as hassle free for them as possible, so if it will cost a couple of pounds a month more then this is our preferred option. (From reading some of the other sites we will not be going to Tiscali then!!!)

Any help or suggestions will be really appreciated and gratefully received

If we have missed any info that will help you guide us please let us know

Thanks to you all

Comments

• RaihanT
    RaihanT Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    sounds like AOL is a good candidate for you then. Its very easy to set up and their techincal support should be ok handling most problems. Their prices are reasonable although 12 month contract may be a downside though with the broadband market moving so fast
  • allthatmularky
    Options
    I would have a look here - Eclipse seem to be offering a decent deal at the minute. Have a look at the front page - free modem and line activation - I've no experience of them (I'm with EFH for £9.99pcm) but seem to get good write ups.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/summarylist.asp?order=tco512k
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport