🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Scottish Power to EDF back to Scottish Power - What do you think?

Options
2»

Comments

• cazzerb
    Options
    Hey Guys

Many thanks :T for all the comments and advice. I've checked and the cooling off period ended 20th August! I was quite annoyed with SP as they could have contacted me immediately they knew I was leaving them.

For that reason - THEY'RE FIRED!:eek:
  • backfoot
    backfoot Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still interested to see whether the SP Rep would like to look into this case.

On the basis of the OP details,it looks like the agent tried to missell.

Isn't this something that SP would want to stop?
  • Nicholas
    Options
    I also am in the process of leaving Scottish Power to go to EDF.

I went through a comparison site on a Sunday afternoon, and noticed the Scottish Power had the fixed to Dec 2012 deal which was very competative but the comparison site could not switch me over because I was a Scottish Power already. So, no problem, I thought; I will just go into my online account. The 2012 deal was not there to pick from, only other 'deals' which were crappy. Tried ringing Scottish Power, but understandably, the office is not open on a Sunday.

So I decided to go to EDF that afternoon in case EDF's deals were pulled overnight.

Rang Scottish Power the next day, and was told I could be put on the Dec 2012 fixed deal. I said no thanks, have done the hard work and found an even better deal.

The story here is that if Scottish Power had treated me with a bit of respect, I would still probably have been one of their customers. I have an online account with them and would have expected to have been able to have access to the Dec 2012 deal online.

So bye bye Scottish Power. I won't be back again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport