Switching E-On Tarriffs

Options
Fergie76
Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I am currently on E-On's Saveonline 5 tarriff, but it appears their Saveonline 9 tarriff is now cheaper.

I had a look at switching in online but it says there is a £30 cancellation fee for my current tarriff.

Does anyone know if this still stands if switching to another E-On tarriff?

Cheers.

Comments

• foreversummer
    Options
    No you won't be charged the £30 if you move onto another tariff.
    You have to do your switch online rather than over the phone. It is best to take meter readings before you do as you can provide them as part of the switch process.

Foreversummer
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Fergie

Foreversummer's spot on; there'll be no charge for switching from Saveonline 5 to 9.

Good advice, too, about entering readings at the time of the switch.

If a bill is due, the readings entered will automatically issue one. If not, you can use the Real Time Billing facility to request a bill.

Either way, this will ensure accuracy.

Hope this helps Fergie. Give me a shout if you need any more info as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Fergie76
    Options
    Thanks to you both. I'll switch tomorrow when I get home. My bill is due later this month, had an email yesterday saying someone from e-on was coming to take readings for this, but will definitely submit my own prior to switching.

Thanks again.
  • JSF23
    JSF23 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Is it cheaper now, or from the 13th Sept when presumably your SOL 5 increases in price? My SOL 3 goes up on the 13th so i'll be changing then.

Also note that SOL9 is cheaper after the 13th as they are heavily discounting it, circa 20% on standard prices. The quoted prices could go up significantly even if standard prices stay the same. It's still the best deal, but only based on the current price, so keep an eye on it.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi guys

Thought I would just clarify this.

Unit prices on both Saveonline 3 and 5 will go up on 13 September 2011.

However, unit prices currently quoted on our website for Saveonline 9 won't be affected by the September increase.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • backfoot
    backfoot Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys

Thought I would just clarify this.

Unit prices on both Saveonline 3 and 5 will go up on 13 September 2011.

If the OP wanted to switch to another supplier,they can do so without paying the termination fee,provided they give notice to Eon by 13th September.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    backfoot wrote: »
    If the OP wanted to switch to another supplier,they can do so without paying the termination fee,provided they give notice to Eon by 13th September.

That is correct but you have to be careful about your final bill and entering readings and requesting a new bill just before the switch if I remember correctly as your final bill will not be discounted.

I'm on OLS3 so is the best thing to do switch to OLS9 on the 13th? That comes up best for me on all the comparisons but the discount is lower 2% off standard as opposed to 6% and of course we would be tied in for another year (£30 cancellation fee).

Having said that I have been very happy with EON so would only move for a decent saving.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Airmike23
    Options
    Dustykitten, Save Online 9 is cheaper than Save Online 3 as of the 13th September when Save Online 3 rates increase.
  • Fergie76
    Options
    Just to clarify - is best to stay on the sol5 tariff until the 13th, then change on the 13th or change by the 13th?

Cheers.
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fergie76 wrote: »
    Just to clarify - is best to stay on the sol5 tariff until the 13th, then change on the 13th or change by the 13th?

Cheers.

Hi Fergie76,

I would suggest to wait until the 13 then change to SaveOnline 9 via your online account.

Hope this helps.

Helena :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure