We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Refund of supermarket parking fine

I had no idea these forums existed,I attended a Birthday party in Morden, I do not know the area, one of the guests parked my car at Lidi unknown to me. I was issued a Charge Certificate, Civil Parking Charge Notice dated the 5th July 2011. Over stayed 28 mins.
Not knowing I payed £45 by card thinking if I delayed it would cost
£90. I sent a letter dated 14th July and an email dated 19th July stating I was not the driver.
I received an email from them the same day stating they would inform
my of the appeal in 28 days, no reply.
Is there any way of getting my £45 back,through small claims court

Comments

  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,180 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Extremely unlikely that you will get any money back.

    There is no appeals process.

    Have a read of some of the threads on The Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board.
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I very much doubt you get your money back these companies unfortunately prey on peoples ignorance or use vile threats
  • You got suckered into paying a totally unenforceable invoice.
    You have little chance of getting anything back.

    Do NOT pay any Private Parking Company 'Fines'

    Ive got 4 of them now. They dont get a penny from me.
    The DWP = Legally kicking the Disabled when they are down.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 33,233 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Better off spending your time spreading the news, They are not enforceable and NEVER PAY private parking
    invoices.

    Wasting time and money trying to get your money back will be useless, If you go the small claims route and
    win. Its still unlikely you will get your money back.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    You were given an invitation to pay a private invoice (disguised as a fake parking ticket)
    You accepted that invitation, accepted the invoice and paid it.
    Thats the end of that
    however as you have just been had over by scammers, do beware, they may try to come back for more money claiming you paid late, just like all scammers do, don't fall for it again.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.