PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• september1986
    Options
    NSD :D

(...mostly because I haven't left the house!)
    September GC: £400.00/£600 (everything except mortgage & bills)
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spent another €23.23 today, total spend to date is €40.77, leaving me with just over €5.54 per day for the rest of of the month...some DSDs needed badly I'm sure.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • TheBees
    TheBees Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    Please put TheBees down for £400 in September please. We actually managed £400 in August and came in on target for the first time in years!!!:j

Back to school this week so hope we can be organised and keep in control of the food budget. DH and I are both doing Weight Watchers so eating quite a bit of fruit and veg which is running low but don't really want to go in a supermarket or shop until next weekend if I can help it.

Good luck all.

TheBees
    Mortgage Free in 3 part 2 challenge - pay off £9000
    Sealed Pot Challenge 416 - target £500
  • FoxFace
    FoxFace Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    So I have sorted a budget, and have given us £200 for the remainder of September, starting immediately :)

I have just been to the "use it up, don't throw it in the bin" thread (can't link as a newbie :(), and using what is currently in the fridge/freezer/cupboards, have managed to concoct a meal plan, that will completely feed us (healthily) until Saturday! Not bad considering I have been pleading "mother hubbard" all week :D
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    spent £15.25 in te$co today then oh wanted ice cream and kept going on and on, til mil said she'd pay so i had to give in so another £6.10 on icecream :eek:

came home with a free bottle of lemon club and a huge bowl of strawberrys which will do the kids 2 days so not too bad and a few choclate bars aswell :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • helen_jelly
    Options
    Evening

Budgets done to post 226

Went to [EMAIL="F@rmfood"]F@rmfood[/EMAIL] today, went in for Loo roll and spent £43 !!!!!!!!

Don't need food for a while

Helen
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • sproggi
    sproggi Posts: 1,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    went in for Loo roll and spent £43 !!!!!!!!

I am now trying to imagine just how much loo roll you got for £43:eek::rotfl:

Sproggi
    'We can get over being poor, but it takes longer to get over being ignorant'
    Jane Sequichie Hifler
    Beware of little expenses.A small leak will sink a great ship
    Benjamin Franklin
  • sproggi wrote: »
    I am now trying to imagine just how much loo roll you got for £43:eek::rotfl:

Sproggi

lol, well i don't think it would fit in a car if it was all loo roll. We bought some from Farmfoods on Thursday. They have Nicky Elite 9 rolls @ 2 packs for £4, thats 18 rolls, and its really thick and nicely scented. Oh, listen to me, I sound just like an advert.
  • forever_saving
    Options
    I went to Mr A's on Saturday and spent £37.17. I did get a reasonable amount of food for that.

FS
    Jan GC £298.62/£300 Feb £298.01/£300 March £331.06/£300 April £69.96/£300
    Learning to accept the things i cannot change
  • sock-knitter
    Options
    had 2 nsd at the weekend, going to farmfoods later for some milk, hopefully will come out with just milk lol
    loves to knit and crochet for others
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport