Optimum flue temp for my mutifuel stove.

Options
This up coming winter is my first one with my Aarrow Ecoburn 9. What is the best flue temperature for optimum efficiency as I am quite new to the stove scene. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jawjawsdad
    Options
    sorry "multifuel" stove
  • alleycat`
    alleycat` Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The stove pipe thermometer (only one i've seen installed was stovax) says optimum is between about 260 and 460.

For about £15 quid i'd get one of those (or equivalent).

e.g:-

http://www.thedoorknockercompany.co.uk/acatalog/zthermometer2.JPG
  • mark_j
    mark_j Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    I too have a Aarrrow Ecoburn 9, i have a Stovax flue thermometer, same price as above, i bought mine from amazon, and it came within 2 days

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stovax-Stove-Thermometer-Temperature-Gauge/dp/B00465NFQQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314731517&sr=8-1
  • hugh3s
    hugh3s Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    One or two things to remember, make sure you know which thermometer you have, some are meant to go on the flue pipe and some on the stove itself. I have one for the flue pipe and I think it should be positioned 2-3 feet above the stove.

I find I have to run my stove at around 400F+ for a considerable time to get the room to a warm temperature.
  • jawjawsdad
    Options
    Thanks guys for the replies. Fancy one of these Stovax thermometers, how is it attached to the stove pipe.
  • alleycat`
    alleycat` Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fairly certain they are magnetic.
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    You should have your stove's instruction book - read it!

Our clearview we bring up to about 400/500 degrees and then keep it at about that level. And yes, the thermometers are magnetic.
  • brickie58
    Options
    hethmar wrote: »
    You should have your stove's instruction book - read it!

Our clearview we bring up to about 400/500 degrees and then keep it at about that level. And yes, the thermometers are magnetic.
    farenheit or centigrade? thanks
  • mark_j
    mark_j Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    brickie58 wrote: »
    farenheit or centigrade? thanks

Although the Stovax thermometer does have a measure of celsius, You will find that when most people talk about stove flue temps they are talking in fahrenheit. As 500 degrees C is approx 932 degrees F, and you would have a blast furnace, not a stove and probably melt down your whole house.
  • brickie58
    Options
    mark_j wrote: »
    Although the Stovax thermometer does have a measure of celsius, You will find that when most people talk about stove flue temps they are talking in fahrenheit. As 500 degrees C is approx 932 degrees F, and you would have a blast furnace, not a stove and probably melt down your whole house.
    ta, but at least id be warm!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport