RyanAir - knowing when the prices will change?

I've never booked a RyanAir flight before but I now need to book three return flights from London to Biarritz. For October 1st Departure.

How is the price of these flights likely to change between now and that time? - Will it go up, down or stay the same? - I notice the Friday (day before) is more expensive and the Sunday is considerably more expensive.

Not sure whether to cut my losses and order tonight/tomorrow and just take the £36 fees because I don't have a Pre Pay card or whether I'd be able to still get the same price say this time next week.

Ideas and thoughts most welcome.

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    It's less than six weeks away, the yield management computer may have already done price adjustments.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • osaddict
    osaddict Posts: 281 Forumite
    I'm assuming from this you're suggesting the prices will be fixed now until capacity is full then? - Not 100% sure what you mean by " the yield management computer may have already done price adjustments." but that's my guess!

Thanks!
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    No their prices aren't fixed.
    What I mean is prices may have already been adjusted and may not be reduced further. They do this to stimulate demand, so by next week the prices may have gone up.
    You just have to decide if you want to risk an increase of not more than £12 per person.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 August 2011 at 2:08PM
    Well don't know when you're planning to return, but if it were a 7 day stay, the return flight is showing at £35.98 pp with great flight times. I would be happy with that and wouldn't be hanging around.

Can you get to a phones4u and buy one of therir Escape prepay cards , load it in cash there and then in the shop and go home and book for no further charge? It costs £9.99 instore, but according to Quidco, you will get a code which you can use to claim back £7 atm
    http://tps.secureprepaid.co.uk/v2/Live/voucherChecker.php?product=escape

That would save you enough in total to pay for one of the afore-mentioned flights :D
  • osaddict
    osaddict Posts: 281 Forumite
    Thank you for the tips everyone, someone's hopefully picking up a card from Phones4U today, nice tip on the rebate and thanks for the linkage!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure