boiler service

Hi, I had a Worcester and Bosch boiler fitted in my loft a few years by a local company (the owner is also known to me through friends)
I have asked on a few occasions if he would service the boiler but he says it doesn't need servicing?? Does this sound right, as I thought all boilers needed to be serviced.
Thanks..

Comments

• HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    "Need" to be serviced. Not really need as such. It's more just a check to make sure it's still safe to use.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • gas4you
    gas4you Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Technically all gas appliances must be inspected/serviced annually according to manufacturers instructions.

There is nothing to force you to do so unless you have lodgers or rent out the property.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ON a WB, doesn't failure to service at 12m invalidate any claim for the remainder of the warranty?
    Obviously this won't bother you as you're now out of warranty anyway?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • manda1205
    manda1205 Posts: 2,366 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    If you had wanted to keep the 5 year warranty that Worcester Bosch give with new boilers then you should have had it serviced every year. It is stated in ther terms and conditions of their warranty. We have a 2 year old Worcester oil combi and it clearly stated in the warranty that we have to service it every year to keep the 5 year warranty. It has cost us £70 each time to service but we're happy to pay that to know we have 24hr call out and free parts and labour from Worcster for the next 3 years. Bit late for you now, but why didnt you just read the info that came with the boiler, its all in there.
  • nibs
    nibs Posts: 577 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    manda1205 wrote: »
    If you had wanted to keep the 5 year warranty that Worcester Bosch give with new boilers then you should have had it serviced every year. It is stated in ther terms and conditions of their warranty. We have a 2 year old Worcester oil combi and it clearly stated in the warranty that we have to service it every year to keep the 5 year warranty. It has cost us £70 each time to service but we're happy to pay that to know we have 24hr call out and free parts and labour from Worcster for the next 3 years. Bit late for you now, but[ why didnt you just read the info that came with the boiler, its all in there.

Because we stupidly listened to the advice given to us by the installer. I'm sure we aren't the only ones to have done this though ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure