~Avon Hints & Tips (Part 8) ~ Please read first post :)

Comments

• pink-lady
    pink-lady Posts: 309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thankyou so much for all that info, it all makes a bit more sense now!

I haven't ordered any new books etc so that will put my order up thanks. Sorry if this sounds a silly question but how do I get the order number for books and other bits of stationery?

I,_Geek wrote: »
    Have you ordered brochures/brochure bags etc yet? If not, they'll take you over £78 so you're earning some money.

If your total order is now at £75 (after adding on brochures and whatnot), add some extra items on to take you over £78. Either a treat for yourself or things you think will be popular with customers, or some samples or something to demo at the door (e.g. a perfume to spray).

Too much time may have passed since you signed up for your SL to allocate you territory themselves. They'll be trying to contact the ASM, who's the only person who can assign streets after the sign-up. Contact your SL and ask if you can have the ASM's details - they'll come in handy in general and saves you having to go through your SL. ASM's can be difficult to get in touch with and your SL has other things to do, whereas you can ring them as often as you like until you get a response.

The way territory works (in theory ;) ) is that a street is either free or it's not. If you're given a street to work nobody else should be actively canvassing it. You might come across a rep who used to do the street and still has some customers, or people here and there served by different reps. Both of those situations are fine, but if it becomes clear another rep is still canvassing (i.e. trying to gain new customers) there's been a mix-up on the computer system or a misunderstanding on the part of the other rep (thinking Avon's a free-for-all when it's not). If you think another rep is still canvassing a street allocated to you, contact your ASM with the other rep's name and hopefully a phone number.
  • missminx
    missminx Posts: 947 Forumite
    Afternoon :D Fortunately for Avon, I decided to go for SL before I checked my delivery. I have, wait for it..... 23 missing items!!! Amazing...
    Still looking for the plot...... Anyone seen it???
  • I,_Geek
    I,_Geek Posts: 831 Forumite
    When you place your order online there's a section you can't miss where you order books. You'll have a choice of 3 campaign brochures - try to order all brochures for each campaign in one go so you get the best value for money. Also, order from the "middle" campaign in the list if you can. I'm in C14 and placing my order. The brochures I can add to my order are C15s, C16s and C17s - I'm adding C16s to my order. My C15s are already in the house and came with my C13 delivery. Your upliner will supply 20 books for your second campaign but add some more to your order if you like. Ask your upliner if they can help you out with some extra books if they can - especially if you're getting territory 20 books won't be enough.

Stationary order codes are in HT - either the paper copy or the online version (which appears when you start placing your online order). The online order goes through several stages before you confirm and ordering from HT is one stage. If you've got a paper HT just enter the codes like normal when doing the rest of your order.
    I used to have my Avon turnover (sales) here. They've been removed because it's not appropriate to talk about those kinds of sales as if they're realistic for a new Rep to aim for. :( I signed up at the right time, right place, and was very lucky.
  • MrsGSR
    MrsGSR Posts: 1,041 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    OOH a lovely new thread and more information for new reps on here than my SL could offer me! :)
    Squirrelling away in September No 33
    It's not about the money, it's about financial freedom, being in control of it and living in the natural world and not a material world
  • lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Have added the price corrections for HT16 link to the first post.
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    MarsdenCuckoo Posts: 2,741 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 August 2011 at 10:21PM
    lisyloo wrote: »
    I think I've mentioned this before.
    But customers have statutory rights that Avon cannot deny (I'm not saying they are).
    If a product is actually faulty then customers are entitiled to a refund or replacement under the sales of goods act. If it's on day 91 then that makes not difference. Avon cannot override UK law.

I'm sure that genuine problems can be sorted as Avon seem to be a good company, but I'm just pointing out that just because a retailers warranty doesn't cover something that cannot overrule stautory rights.

Yes, you're quite right, Avon are very good at resolving any issues with products. Have even in the past come across disgruntled customers with items they bought from ex-reps and Avon have gladly helped me resolve those issues too without any enquiry as to how long ago the product was purchased. :T

PS: Thanks for the new thread, lozza. :)
    Make the most of everything in life (especially Avon ;))
  • missminx wrote: »
    Afternoon :D Fortunately for Avon, I decided to go for SL before I checked my delivery. I have, wait for it..... 23 missing items!!! Amazing...

Did you sort out the lippies you were after? Only asking because I ordered 'a few' from C13 clearance because one of my customers wanted to see a selection.... She then went away on holiday, doh! :o
  • Hey folks - i have some items to return with my next delivery - i have put the details online and printed off the sheets etc. What way do these need to be packaged? i was thinking of using an avon bag and taping it up but wasnt sure if this would be ok
    Comp Wins 2011 : Cant wait to start listing everything:j:j:j
  • Norz
    Norz Posts: 13 Forumite
    May I make a suggestion? I think it would be really handy to have a bit on the first page for how to register your business on line iwth Avon. When you click on the link you get asked for a user name and password which hasn't been set up yet and it's confusing, well it confused me anyway. It's only when you "X" off that bit that you get the registration page. We could also flag up the training guides once you have registered particularly how to order on line on the system for new reps.

What do you think?
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    MarsdenCuckoo Posts: 2,741 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey folks - i have some items to return with my next delivery - i have put the details online and printed off the sheets etc. What way do these need to be packaged? i was thinking of using an avon bag and taping it up but wasnt sure if this would be ok

The carriers do prefer returns to be put in one of your Avon boxes - makes it easier for them not to get lost. Having said that, if you've already recycled your boxes then a bag/envelope should be fine so long as your returns label is easily visible and you don't cover up the bar code.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure