MSE News: Npower to raise energy prices

Options
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Npower has announced a jump in its energy prices, making it the 5th of the big six to do so ..."
Read the full story:
Npower to raise energy prices

OfficialStamp.gif

Comments

• NAP6W
    NAP6W Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hahahahaha - Go fix6 a few weeks ago. Gambled correctly with Martins advice - Cheers Martin!!
  • robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could have been higher I guess
  • laptop80
    laptop80 Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Although still a massive and unwelcome increase, it's not as bad as I expected to be honest - not as steep as British Gas, eOn, Scottish Power et al.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    baaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    As has been proven with other energy company 'average' increases, don't judge it until you have seen exactly what %tage it affects you by ;)
  • meggsy
    meggsy Posts: 741 Forumite
    Options
    I'm already on my way to Cooperative Energy, free of the devious npower at the end of the month :D
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    What you have to look at is what they have rissen from, not just their percentage for example. spow go up say from 1.00 a unit, up 20% = 1.20, then npower 1.50 a unit, up 5% = 1.57
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • VT82
    VT82 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm going onto Eon's standard tariff at the end of August and have been waiting for the field to level before switching. With just one to go, I'm tempted to sort it out now. Quick question though - as British Gas were the first to hike, and all the others that have announced seem to have followed one month after each other, does that suggest it's the same order they will start to lower their prices once the reduction in wholesale costs filters through? In which case, I should slightly favour British Gas and Scottish and Southern or whatever it's called?
  • Zaksmummy
    Zaksmummy Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    :D No change for us for now as on Sign online 22, phew.
  • Rose_Crow
    Rose_Crow Posts: 390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We're also on Sign Online 22, can anyone satisfy my curiosity and explain how we managed to escape the rise? I realise that Sign Online isn't a fixed or capped deal, and the T&C's say that prices may rise during the 12 month contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure