MSE News: Top cash Isa from Santander to be withdrawn

Options
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Savers need to be quick to get the market's top easy-access cash Isa, as Santander is withdrawing its Issue 3 Isa ..."

Comments

• Narc
    Narc Posts: 422 Forumite
    Options
    Santander are a joke, they cut the rate on my ISA opened in April from ~3.3% to 0.1% (yes you read that right) in less than two months.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    Narc wrote: »
    Santander are a joke, they cut the rate on my ISA opened in April from ~3.3% to 0.1% (yes you read that right) in less than two months.

I think that you will find that you were mistaken.

The only ISA that Santander had in April 2011 paying 3.3% was the Flexible ISA. This account is still paying 3.3%, and is guaranteed to pay at least Base Rate + 2.8% for 12 months.
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MSE_Helen wrote: »
    "Savers need to be quick to get the market's top easy-access cash Isa, as Santander is withdrawing its Issue 3 Isa ..."

Shame Santander aren't as quick as the savers need to be - I've been waiting 10 days for them to open my account !!!
  • Deneb
    Deneb Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    moonrakerz wrote: »
    Shame Santander aren't as quick as the savers need to be - I've been waiting 10 days for them to open my account !!!

We applied for two ISAs yesterday evening - one for me and one for my wife, and they have both been opened and deposits transferred this morning.

I did have a bit of trouble with the online application form though. It kept coming up with a system error. I must have filled the forms out about ten times before I managed to get both applications successfully submitted.
  • codetown
    codetown Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    quick question:

I am a A&L customer and am interested in the Flexible Isa Issue 3 (was just looking for an ISA this morning and now reading about it).
    Presumibly I can open it online (not tried, but will do it soon).

But can anyone confirm how can I fund it?
    i have the funds available but not at A&L... so I need to transfer them .. or ....? Do they ask you during opening how to fund it?
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,285 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    codetown wrote: »
    quick question:

I am a A&L customer and am interested in the Flexible Isa Issue 3 (was just looking for an ISA this morning and now reading about it).
    Presumibly I can open it online (not tried, but will do it soon).

But can anyone confirm how can I fund it?
    i have the funds available but not at A&L... so I need to transfer them .. or ....? Do they ask you during opening how to fund it?
    I don't know with that one but I have opened two ISAs in the last few years, one managed with a bank transfer from my Smile current account, and the other asked me to send a cheque. Just work your way through the application form and see what it says.
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wouldn't go anywhere near Santander even if they were paying 10%. Truly awful customer service.
    poppy10
  • suelees1
    suelees1 Posts: 1,617 Forumite
    Options
    We missed out because of the system error kept coming up. I hadn't read it was being withdrawn so it was a blow this morning when went into open it. Still probably best considering the poor reviews it has.
    I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure