MSE News: Ryanair makes charges clearer in website update

This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Ryanair has changed its booking process to ensure it is now compliant with European regulations ..."

Replies

• richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We noticed a while back. Seems the weekely fare calendar has gone, now you have to search day by day.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • I see no difference to what we were all reporting two months ago. Has MSE's newsroom just been 'played' by Ryanair?

The fact is that Ryanair are still pointedly disrespecting the law with regard to their ryanair.com/da, ryanair.com/es and ryanair.com/ie to name just three homepages, which are typical of the webpages automatically offered to anyone (British or otherwise) who attempts to book from a location outside UK but nevertheless in EU.

THe Danish and Spanish governments are as much incensed by Ryanair over this as our CAA were, but perhaps Ryanair believes it can still play with those apparently less important representative voices like a cat plays with a mouse.

MSE needs to be careful that it too is not played with.
  • richardw wrote: »
    We noticed a while back. Seems the weekely fare calendar has gone, now you have to search day by day.

Just use http://www.ryanair.com/ie
  • SaveTheEuroSaveTheEuro Forumite
    898 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    The website is a terrible mess. "Low Fares Available" is shown against all dates, includung days when there are no flights.

I agree, switch from UK English to Ireland English (in the top right hand corner) to get a more user friendly website.
  • edited 15 August 2011 at 12:03PM
    neb861neb861 Forumite
    1 Post
    edited 15 August 2011 at 12:03PM
    I tried to book a flight with Ryanair using a prepaid card. Everytime I entered the details I was informed that I had entered some details wrongly. I contacted my Bank and was informed that all is in order with my card. Have been unsuccesful 4 times now, probabably another way of making you use another card so that they make more money.
  • antennaantenna Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    It would be useful if we knew what card you had.
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • Have you been on holiday for the past 2 months Gus ?
  • neb861 wrote: »
    I tried to book a flight with Ryanair using a prepaid card. Everytime I entered the details I was informed that I had entered some details wrongly. I contacted my Bank and was informed that all is in order with my card. Have been unsuccesful 4 times now, probabably another way of making you use another card so that they make more money.

I Recently tried to book a flight with ryanair and tried to pay via prepay mastercard,(13.9.11 4pm ish)
    After 4 attempts of being told that the payment was declined I contacted my card issuer who told me there was nothing wrong with my card. I tried again and got a reservation No PIG1JX, but it was not confirmed I printed out a copy just in case). The following day I rang Ryanair to tell them of my problem only to be told it was my card issuer who was at fault, SO I rang them again to be told there was nothing wrong with my card, he then told me that several people had called ref the same problem (Ryanair would no accept payment from there cards).
    I tried to rebook but the same thing happened only £30.00 dearer. I then rang Ryanair and told them again that my card had been refused again and that I had spoken to them just prior to calling him and was told that the card was O.K. I told him about my reservation number only to be told that the seats were only reserved for 15 mins after the booking, After a lengthy discussion about the pros and CONS of the booking he finely said that he would make the booking for me, so after I gave all the relevant info and same card details. the booking went through. Am I on my own, is this a one off, is it a delay tactic by Ryanair to get more of my hard earned cash ?. Alls I know is apart from the priemium rates on the phone it cost me a further £30.00 . It would have been cheaper using my credit card. Good old Ryan air!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I've used both FairFx and Caxton cards with no problem back in June. The only issue I had was that I tried to use my Caxton card too soon after loading it. So even though Caxton was showing the money, I needed to wait a few hours and then it worked fine.

As for the website change. Everyone complained that the price shown wasn't the total price, so they've hidden it, making you click into each date? Is that better? No. So these campaigns are just making things worse, not better.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals