Reasons to be cheerful

124»

Comments

• Hi there

Just wanted to let you know that my husband paid off all his debts today which before he started his debt management plan totaled many thousands too much even to put down here.....

It has been a long slog which we were lucky that we had family to support us on our journey

For those still in debt keep at and if I can give you little advice check that you are not over paying creditors as we found that he was in credit for some of his accounts !!!

This is my reason to be cheerful today.

:j:beer:
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Well done to the Fudges!! xxx
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • Reasons to be cheerfull.....

Finding out I have £68 left in my bank account and my wages come in at the weekend,this money I could fritter away but its going on my credit card.God life feels so good right now.
  • katsu
    katsu Posts: 4,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    What number are we on now? I think 27 if I allocate numbers to the numberless posts, so:

#28 - having a safety net. I got made redundant (no redundancy payment) and was so glad it was after we were df and had a small amount of savings. We knew we weren't in immediate danger of losing the house, so I slept better, we coped better and I knew it would probably all be OK. That peace of mind was priceless - and even 12 months before it would have been so different.

That really is part of my main reason to be cheerful #29 - changing my thinking about money. I am, like others, no longer afraid to log into the bank or open my post, I have actually managed to save money instead of overspend. I'm taking back control, thanks to Martin and this site.
    Debt at highest: £8k. Debt Free 31/12/2009. Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018.
  • when i get cash out of the cashpoint, im not scared stiff of looking at the receipt with the balance, i would always press cash only previously, now i like to get a receipt , see where i am, and face up to things, since my dmp.. FANTASTIC THREAD, cheered me up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure