Budget energy

Options

Comments

• rolo1_2
    rolo1_2 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    yorkie98 wrote: »
    I have to say, the cheaper electricity at Budget Energy looks tempting but I am personally proceeding with caution.
    PowerNI are still in a dominant position and the danger here is that the alternative suppliers are pinning their price to that of PowerNI, this means that it makes it nearly impossible for PowerNI to compete on price but it plays right into their hands and PowerNI will easily be able to put these companies out of business and quickly and it's the likes of Airtricity and Budget who are leaving themselves vulnerable with their own pricing policy.

PowerNI will bide their time and give their rivals enough rope to hang themselves by gaining a significant amount of customers then they will drop their own price to something like wholesale cost+5%.
    This will mean that the other suppliers tied in to deals to charge between 8 and 20% percent less than PowerNI will have to drop theirs too and will be selling at a loss.
    This will kill off the competition and leave them to charge whatever they like, just like the good old days.

Who cares - Just switch between who-ever is cheapest -easy :)
  • niceday999
    niceday999 Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    Options
    I am starting the change to Budget Energy ! what happens to any money i put on my keypad meter now with Power ni/nie ? can i swop this over to Budget Energy ?
  • hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    niceday999 wrote: »
    I am starting the change to Budget Energy ! what happens to any money i put on my keypad meter now with Power ni/nie ? can i swop this over to Budget Energy ?
    niceday: the money will carry over to budget energy.
  • hazelc56
    Options
    Have been posting on another similar thread to this one but felt i should update you.I have now completed my switch to Budget Energy yesterday which was extremely easy to do.Now looking forward to some useful savings.Good luck to all.
  • Silvercloud
    Options
    Thanks to Hazel and everyone else for the two energy threads,I wouldn't have known about Budget otherwise.I was about to go with Airtricity but signed with them instead last week,should be switching over any day now.

I don't know if it's because of their newbie status but they seem to have quite a low profile.Their website isn't the easiest to locate so I used the link on here.Also,there was a story on BBC newsline the other evening about the rising energy costs and only Airtricity was mentioned as NIE's competitor.

Combined with regular food and petrol increases these continual price hikes are really putting the strain on,hopefully Budget can help relieve that a little. :)
  • hazelc56
    Options
    Thanks to Hazel and everyone else for the two energy threads,I wouldn't have known about Budget otherwise.I was about to go with Airtricity but signed with them instead last week,should be switching over any day now.

I don't know if it's because of their newbie status but they seem to have quite a low profile.Their website isn't the easiest to locate so I used the link on here.Also,there was a story on BBC newsline the other evening about the rising energy costs and only Airtricity was mentioned as NIE's competitor.

Combined with regular food and petrol increases these continual price hikes are really putting the strain on,hopefully Budget can help relieve that a little. :)
    Silvercloud I agree with you re.Budget being low profile,i felt that myself.I dont know how long they have been around and also like yourself havent heard them mentioned on the news etc, i was surprised and a bit embarrassed when it was NIE who rang me to complete the final details for the switch but was also heartened as it sort of put my mind at rest that this budget energy company was genuine....I tend to get a little paranoid doing stuff like this online but we can never be too careful these days.Good luck with your switch and if nothing else at least we will get that wee bit more heat this winter for a wee bit less.:DAs for airtricity advertising it on telly, well maybe thats why they have put on a charge of £5 to cover it.Budget enegry probably can save on this expense by merely keeping a low profile and depending on word of mouth which apparently is supposed to be the best form of advertising.I hope everything works out for the best for us all.
  • Silvercloud
    Options
    The woman on the phone from Budget asked me how I'd heard about them.When I told her MSE,she replied "yes,we seem to be getting a lot of people coming from there." :D Power to the people! :money:
  • hazelc56
    Options
    The woman on the phone from Budget asked me how I'd heard about them.When I told her MSE,she replied "yes,we seem to be getting a lot of people coming from there." :D Power to the people! :money:
    rock on yayyyy:T
  • rolo1_2
    Options
    Completed my Keypad switch over to Budget Energy today :)
    Painless experience, no problems at all.

New tariff is 12.774 pence per unit. Why pay more?
  • hazelc56
    Options
    Switchers how about coming back to this thread in 6 months time to catch up on how we are all getting on with the new enegry company.How about March 2012.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure