• This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Can we keep this about NEA please?
  • Andy2013
    Andy2013 Posts: 211 Forumite
    Options
    photoGuy, I don't know whether you are trying to cause a scene but carry on with those comments and I certainly will.

I have a good friend whom fits your category , and I personally despise your comment , this is not the place if there ever is one and I find it very offensive to have a loved friend of mine spoken about like he should be put down !!

Keep your sick opinions to your own sick little mind, your post has been reported.

Now lets get back to NEA shall we !!!
  • pinkypoopydoo
    Options
    *steers thread back to NEA*

I have my second follow up meeting on Monday, this time it appears to be with some kind of compliance manager, not my usual adviser. Not sure if that's normal, or if it's because either my usual adviser is off (I have a vague recollection of her saying something about her being on holiday, but then when she's off, I've always just been seen by the lone parent adviser instead) or because of the argument we had at the last meeting about how to complete business accounts, the difference between business income and personal income and why owners drawings are directly linked to business income and not personal income.

And I have FINALLY (after being on NEA for nearly 13 weeks) got myself booked into some marketing courses with Business Gateway, which I'm ridiculously excited about!
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I hope the meeting goes OK, Pinky :)
    When do your marketing courses start?
  • andyscott
    andyscott Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone who has went it alone without NEA ever applied for the Will to Work grant?

Even though I cant get onto NEA and are still on my JSA sanction, I am certain that I need to follow my dreams and go self employed.

I spoke with Business Gateway who said its a grant for £250 but I have to register with Princes Trust first the apply. She did not know much more about it.

Even though the £250 would be good to get, I don't want to go for something that is run like NEA where you are left waiting far too long.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hey Andy (Scott), i havent heard of the 'Will to Work' grant, but i have applied for the 'In Work Credit' as i am a single parent.
    Are you still being sanctioned?
  • s450
    s450 Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    andyscott wrote: »
    its probably true with what your flatmate said about no funding left, this country gives out money far too easily.

I feel insulted that you are claiming to feel not safe with the nea scheme.

About 8 years ago i reported colleagues in a care home for mis-treating pensioners who had fought in wars for this country, the management made my job hell and i decided to quit. I was refused all benefits.

About 18 months ago i lost my job and went onto jsa, i spoke to jc+ regarding nea and was told to speak to business gateway first. I spoke to them and they approved of my business idea only for jc+ to say they would not officially refer me, instead i was getting put onto working programme with possibility of voluntary work.

You came to the uk in june and claimed jsa straight away, your going onto nea but your worried what will happen for money if you cant make a success of your business.

I know you did not make the rules for jc+ but i would never dream of moving to a foreign country unless i had plenty of money to support myself while settling into the country.

Its because of these rules like benefits to foreigners that means this country can't support its own people who have worked hard and paid their taxes.

i see, sometimes there is someone like you who makes such ridiculous comments!
  • Andy2013
    Options
    So todays joy is that my £33 payments have stopped for some reason.

I have looked through statements and figure I have 2 or 3 weeks left so its not a lot of money but owed to me all the same.

I have called my scheme provider and they are looking into it and calling me back with hopefully an answer.

Its the first time I have spoken to them or my mentor since January , I could here the cobwebs falling from my file !!
  • Andy2013
    Options
    MY NEW ENTERPRISE ALLOWANCE EXPERINCE IS OVER

It was news to me but today was my last day on the scheme and if it was not for the money stopping I would have had no idea.

No phone call , letter or email just NO cash.

So my entire scheme has been as follows :

Induction November 2012
    Mentor sends email to me December 2012
    Mentor phones me for 1 minute 32 seconds January 2013
    ?
    ?
    ?
    And that was it until today ,August 16th 2013 when my experience comes to an end.

HOW THE HELL HAS THAT BEEN A MENTORING SCHEME ????

A total waste of my energy and hopes of getting some guidance and advice when starting up my business, a totally shambolic excuse for getting people of JSA and " into work"

Over the past few months I have shared stories and experience's with other people on NEA and in general I have learnt I am not alone in thinking it is pointless.

At least now I am not a government statistic and I am my own boss , but it was my motivation and self belief that got me to where I am today and for that I am proud.

But at the same time I am very disappointed to have had to endure 6 months of false promises given to me on the premise that I will be given advice ,mentoring and guidance through the early hard days of starting out.

So for those whom are thinking of joining the NEA scheme listen to someone who has done it start to finish and not the posters and leaflets telling you that "they are the best scheme in the country "

NEA has been useless , except for the cash and that was not easy to obtain as they messed up payments twice.

ANYONE can go self employed, its your own self belief and motivation and desire to succeed that will make it work for you, don't use the excuse of " I have no money " ,if you want it bad enough YOU can do it , not NEA which is in my opinion designed to remove people for JSA and into "work" ,lowering the stats and make everything look rosy.

I do like a damn good moan as many of you will know, but this has been the best reason to moan in years and I am glad it is over !!!

That said I will still keep an eye on you guys and good luck to you all , keep pushing and thanks for being there giving me and each other some much needed encouragement,
    something NEA never did.
  • BigAl127
    BigAl127 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Andy2013. My experience is very much the same as yours, except I've still got the £33 NEA till the 24 Sept. By the sounds of it the scheme here ran slightly different to yours, but the mentoring has been non existent.

Looks like you've made a success of your business, only wish I could say the same, but unless things change drastically, for the better for me, i'll have to seriously consider my options.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure