PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Crikey, what a mish mash of styles, colours, textures ....

I don't know the area very well but the price does seem rather high, given how much is needed to put things right.

I can only assume that the property's one saving grace must be that it is a desirable location. That extension is hideous.
  • fionajbanana
    fionajbanana Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Options

I don't know the area very well but the price does seem rather high, given how much is needed to put things right.

I can only assume that the property's one saving grace must be that it is a desirable location. That extension is hideous.

(shudders) Pink carpet (in three different styles in various rooms), wood cladded ceilings and walls, exposed bricks, awful faux wood doors, uneven driveway, horrible mirrored slide wardrobes and rotten wood on the back of the extension! Kitchen and bathrooms look awful

There is nothing I like about this house. All the above either needs ripping out and replacing or in the terms of the brickwork inside plastering.
  • fionajbanana
    Options
    kyana wrote: »
    even the gel and flannel in the shower are colour coordinated!

My friend is like that. She has a white suite with blue walls. Only can have blue, white or cream coloured toiletries bottles or clear bottles with the stuff inside those colours. Anything else, has to go in the cupboard in the bathroom!
  • StumpyPumpy
    StumpyPumpy Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    That house has just got the Beatles song going through my mind - "She used to love me - but its all over now". Money there in no short supply in the 1970s - but look at the office photo and don't ask what happened to the money since....and why they are selling...

House clearly needs a lot of work to modernise - but I feel sorry for the vendors selling post-2008 - as I expect they'll get the "boot stuck in them" with the amount they are likely to be offered for it..

The house doesn't look like it has been on the market for a very long time - the current owners probably bought it at a time in keeping with the decor, so they aren't really going to "get the boot stuck in". My parents' house value has dropped by something like 60k since 2008 but as they bought it for 5k in the early 70's and any house they might want to buy in the future will most probably have fallen in line with theirs, the fall in the market will have zero effect on them. The only people that might be concerned would be the grasping relatives (aka me and my siblings) who are hoping for a big inheritance.

In any event, their back garden looks somewhat truncated, maybe they sold the end of it for the new housing development that has sprung up there between the Google Maps plane flying overhead and the Streetview drive by.

p.s. You could have succeeded with a Beatles reference if only you'd said "She showed me her room, Isn't it good..." :rotfl:

SP
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
  • StaffieTerrier
    Options

I'm from around there and it's not even a desirable location!
  • gazebo
    gazebo Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/29021701 my little brother is to be thanked for finding this gem :-D
  • fionajbanana
    Options
    gazebo wrote: »
    http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/29021701 my little brother is to be thanked for finding this gem :-D

Don't know which one is worst for decor, this one or the pink carpet, wooden ceilings one a few posts earlier:eek::o
  • Mozette
    Mozette Posts: 2,247 Forumite
    Options

Well done your brother. That bathroom is just.... words fail me:eek:

Great house though - when redecorated!
  • clark24
    clark24 Posts: 794 Forumite
    Options

Woah!!! It would be like living in a vomit-inducing magic eye picture!!!
    There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out.
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    maryjane01 wrote: »
    Nice flat, check out pic 7, I think the way they have styled the courtyard so it looks like pubes at the bottom of a shower tray is really going to sell this place.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-39021067.html

Sometimes you just have to wonder if people want to sell their place for 10% less just because they couldn't be bothered to clean up for a few photos.

I know for sure that when my time comes I'll have to put half my "junk" in storage before anyone comes near it otherwise they'll wonder how one person lives in this three bed house no matter a family.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport