PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Options
    RedFraggle wrote: »
    Today I bring you a carpet on LSD, a beautiful bedroom suite, an amazing kitchen and one of the best preserved 70s bathrooms I've seen. Also some Schreiber wall units we had when I was a kid. Awesome!
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-75396236.html

Oh my god - I honestly think I might have to get curtains for my bath.:eek:
  • RedFraggle
    RedFraggle Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    We've still got the Schreiber units and I still like them lol. The kitchen units are similar to the Wrighton units we had in the 70s but a different colour, they are still in the bungalow now. The bedroom units look like they are decorated with Shortwood Carvings we also had them in the 70s and the 80s too in a different house. Don't think I'd have them again even though I really liked them.

Mum still has the Schreiber units. I absolutely love the free standing bedroom suite, it's beautiful. If everything was in good condition I'd keep it.
    Officially in a clique of idiots
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    lewisa wrote: »
    Never mind the skeleton, it's the freaky doll peering at me from behind a bookcase in pic 7 that's making my spine tingle.

Bet that moves at night....:eek:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dandie89 wrote: »
    Is it a Spot the Cat? (Pic2)

I think it's a fake. If there was really a cute little kitten in that basket, they'd have shown it properly.
  • lewisa
    lewisa Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Bet that moves at night....:eek:

I'm convinced that agents set up stuff like that purely to see if their listings end up on this thread :D
  • Bass_9
    Bass_9 Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    Slinky wrote: »
    https://www.onthemarket.com/details/5530020/

Labelling of the images has gone somewhat awry. Particularly funny when you get to number 12 onwards........

Love this! Gave me a good laugh.

Love the last photo too: Additional information... RIVERDANCE. :eek:
  • Waterlily24
    Options
    Mum still has the Schreiber units. I absolutely love the free standing bedroom suite, it's beautiful. If everything was in good condition I'd keep it.

I love the free standing bedroom suite too the wood is beautiful. The Shortwood carvings are on the fitted wardrobes.
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    Today I bring you a carpet on LSD, a beautiful bedroom suite, an amazing kitchen and one of the best preserved 70s bathrooms I've seen. Also some Schreiber wall units we had when I was a kid. Awesome!
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-75396236.html

I rather love that property, the kitchen wouldn't necessarily be my choice to put in now but I love it in situ and would be loathed to rip it out (ceiling tiles a different matter). Those free standing wardrobes are beautiful, I'd be asking about those.
    The blue carpet does rather remind me of 'Starry Night' by Monet....poss from around the same era? :rotfl:

I am now off to investigate curtains for the bath too :)
    JAN NSD 11/16

• kerri_gt
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Is it a Spot the Cat? (Pic2)

I think it's a fake. If there was really a cute little kitten in that basket, they'd have shown it properly.

Deff a fake, no way would my cat be that well behaved - more likely to be pictured licking the buttery croissants instead :rotfl:
    JAN NSD 11/16

• LisbonLaura
    LisbonLaura Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 September 2018 at 7:43AM
    Options
    Lummoxley wrote: »
    Not quite the furniture or decor I was expecting in an ex council flat.:)

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67312867.html

The lounge looks far larger than the dimensions given, especially with that furniture. I can't explain it???
    Perhaps the furniture is three-quarter size like the old Barrett homes show house trick?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport