PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• NaughtiusMaximus
    Options
    You identify an alcoholic not by the full bottles in the house but by the empty bottles in the bin.

Quite. If you were to go rummaging through our drinks cabinet (actually the cupboard section of the sideboard) you could draw the incorrect conclusion that we're a pair of alchys, containing as it does well over 30 bottles of wines and spirits with a similar number of beers and ciders spread across one of the kitchen cupboards and the fridge.

The fact is quite a few of those spirits have been there for years, it's nice to have plenty of options, and we do bulk buy if we see anything we like on special offer. With beers and ciders a lot of the ones we like aren't available in many supermarkets so again we bulk buy.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68279759.html

Spot the photographer, and the open fridge, and the booze....

Early viewing is highly recommended due to the property being realistically priced.

Except it's been up for sale since August 2017.

Pic 15 of the office makes me less worried about the state of my own.....
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,515 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You identify an alcoholic not by the full bottles in the house but by the empty bottles in the bin

Point taken. Though the only alcoholic of my acquaintance never had empty bottles as he sneaked them out under cover of darkness to a recycling point, in the belief that if there were no empties in his dustbin, no one would realise he had a problem.
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Options
    You identify an alcoholic not by the full bottles in the house but by the empty bottles in the bin.

The owners of the house are in the food & drinks industry owning a number of restaurants and running several franchises, there is more than a chance that the bar is "overflow" from some of these.

SP

That's why I take mine to the bottle bank.

Edit: Didn't read bouicca21's post above. Guess I'm not alone!
  • Dandie89
    Dandie89 Posts: 816 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67004233.html
    Who fancies carrying the trifle bowl down those steps to your dining guests? :D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dandie89 wrote: »

Soup, gravy boat..........
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Me, I do! A friend had this type of house some years ago and I loved it. Perhaps best not to combine that with all the bottles in the other house above though.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • RedFraggle
    RedFraggle Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Officially in a clique of idiots
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nobody, I'd imagine, but then there's no viable alternative
    "The cellar is currently used as the dining room," implies there might be somewhere else for it.

OK, where? :undecided

Couple that with no downstairs bog, no dedicated parking, storage heating, grade 2 listing and an agent so lazy they can't write the name of the road on the description to help find it and.....or am I just being negative and grumpy here? :o
  • Lummoxley
    Lummoxley Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There's something dodgy going on with the bath in picture 8. The toilet seat is looking a bit shady as well. :)

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56147925.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport