PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Generally, they can. A 747 flew over my house 5 minutes ago and I could hear it outdoors. It was at 37000' and decelerating, so not as loud as a jet accelerating/climbing to a similar altitude, and not very intrusive.

However, I live in a quiet place. If there was a busy road outside, I'd not have noticed that plane, or most of the others. The intrusiveness really depends on the sort of location affected.

I live Ina quiet place, can't hear any of the planes that leave contrails. Have just had my hearing checked (part of an annual check) and it's "average" I suspect yours must be much better to hear planes that high? A plane at 37000ft if decelerating should be even quieter than one staying at that height since it will be throttling its engines back.
  • mysterymurdoch
    Options
    Picture 15 gives new meaning to the word "bedroom" http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65894963.html
  • mysterymurdoch
    Options
    Aah, I hadn't seen that!
  • Patti27
    Patti27 Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Cakeguts wrote: »

Is it just me or is the garage door a bit small?
  • freeisgood
    freeisgood Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Small but perfectly formed....a tiny little house.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56505067.html

I love it :D
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    I live Ina quiet place, can't hear any of the planes that leave contrails. Have just had my hearing checked (part of an annual check) and it's "average" I suspect yours must be much better to hear planes that high? A plane at 37000ft if decelerating should be even quieter than one staying at that height since it will be throttling its engines back.
    My hearing can't be great, because I'm over pension age and high frequencies have gone, but I hear many planes at that height, which seems to be about average for the passenger jets passing over here.

It's not obtrusive and we don't get many close to overhead, as most air traffic here goes north or south over the Exe valley.

Of course, I can't hear planes 20 miles away laterally, although I can see their trails, so standing in my garden on a clear day I might see two planes 40 miles apart, but hear neither.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    freeisgood wrote: »
    Small but perfectly formed....a tiny little house.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56505067.html

I love it :D

It is attractive and in a decent environment too.

But - those stairs.

But - it IS very tiny.

What a shame one couldnt Tardis it out to 5 times the size and with a garden and more conventional staircase - at which point it would be distinctly interest-worthy.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    My hearing can't be great, because I'm over pension age and high frequencies have gone, but I hear many planes at that height, which seems to be about average for the passenger jets passing over here.

It's not obtrusive and we don't get many close to overhead, as most air traffic here goes north or south over the Exe valley.

Of course, I can't hear planes 20 miles away laterally, although I can see their trails, so standing in my garden on a clear day I might see two planes 40 miles apart, but hear neither.

....and I'm trying not to think about whether our skies are also going to fill with delivery drones and, worse still, with flying cars.:eek:. Fingers crossed those things won't happen - it would be awful.
  • mysterymurdoch
    Options
    I hate it, and why is there only one photo of the inside? Awful advert, the house would actually be a nightmare to live in!
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    I reckon this is what houses would look like if Apple did interiors.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-47967024.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport