PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• LisbonLaura
    LisbonLaura Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    toozie wrote: »
    Ex-garage owner hence 1/2 car and petrol pump in lounge, and other motoring memorabilia?

What is the coral looking sponge spiky thingy in pic 13 by the chaise lounge (that's posh for me Laura!!!)?

Can we play "what's the occupation of the owner game?" pleeeeese?

It is a massive stress ball?

Tis but a lamp milady; but what is the black thing to the right of it, behind the world's most hideous chaise longue?
    The whole has a medical look about it, so it's probably a sex aid, which means the owner is ..... a ... :D
  • LisbonLaura
    LisbonLaura Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30706575.html

Retired, downsizing, moving nearer family.

Why is there 50 pictures, you get less with a mansion.

:eek: For the starter list of the escaped radioactive isotopes? How can property near the Windscale complex be worth anything?

There was a beautiful detached barn conversion in that area that sold for under £180,000 at auction last year. I knew the owner. When he was a live, he thought it was worth £600,000, & refused to drop his price. His widow just wanted out.
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Options
    Who buys these places so close to nuclear? (Mind you, I'd prefer a power station to Sellafield). I don't know where to start with this one. £200k for an old railway carriage - and don't worry about those big buildings behind...just throw a coin in ye olde wishing well in photo 8, and all will be well. Maybe.
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46684013.html
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • booksurr
    booksurr Posts: 3,700 Forumite
    edited 4 July 2014 at 1:18AM
    Options
    Ex-garage owner hence 1/2 car and petrol pump in lounge, and other motoring memorabilia?

What is the coral looking sponge spiky thingy in pic 13 by the chaise lounge (that's posh for me Laura!!!)?

Can we play "what's the occupation of the owner game?" pleeeeese?

It is a massive stress ball?
    "masseuse" with requisite "therapy" equipment connected to the chaise

the automobilia is to provide a familiar environment for the "clients" on the basis that its hard to bring the road side indoors

or at least that is what one has to call all that junk on public boards
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Strapped wrote: »
    Who buys these places so close to nuclear? ....... I don't know where to start with this one.....

It's the "sublime empty skies and bracing winds.”

But you have to be a true artist to appreciate it all. ;)

http://www.ryemuseum.co.uk/dungeness/
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Strapped wrote: »
    Who buys these places so close to nuclear? (Mind you, I'd prefer a power station to Sellafield). I don't know where to start with this one. £200k for an old railway carriage - and don't worry about those big buildings behind...just throw a coin in ye olde wishing well in photo 8, and all will be well. Maybe.
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46684013.html
    Ah yes, WIsh Ye Well. Best to cover all bases being that close to the station :eek:
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • toozie_2
    toozie_2 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Security & H & S around nuclear PS are so high, it's difficult to sneeze at work without a report being written out!

Then there's the armed nuclear police........
    :j
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    EdwardS033 wrote: »

That one's been on here before I think - I remember the truly horrendous shower (pic 22)!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure