The "have a look at this!" thread II

28.6K replies 3.5M views

Replies

• GingernuttyGingernutty Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corelli wrote: »
    I don't know if my discomfort at this entrance marks me as a paranoid urbanite. Look at all those wide open spaces and no secure looking front to hide behind. Aaaargh, it's all glass! http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27970965.html

I know what you mean. When anyone calls, I hide behind my front door and have a quick peep through the spyhole.

All that clear glass........I'd just feel naked!:eek:
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • 00ec2500ec25
    9.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corelli wrote: »
    I find this rather sad, it looks like someone's life that has been trashed. All their books and files and papers and clothes turned over and deserted. I wonder what the story is?
    that was my first thought too - typical of squatters???
    but if that was the case there is not a mark on the walls and all the pictures are straight so someone has a really warped mind to do that to a place

reminds me of first my student flatmate, he worked on the basis that it stayed were he put it till he needed it again. Trouble was he ended with 2,3 4 of each item because it was easier for him to buy a new one than bother to think or look at which pile of junk it was now under. Safe to say not someone I have kept in touch with subsequently :mad:
  • General_GrantGeneral_Grant Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    They haven't just cleaned up and decluttered - they've completely rebuilt the place. The view over the roof tops (Pic 1 both times) is the only similar thing in both sets of photos.

Wow. What a difference money and hard work makes. Although, the skies may be photoshopped.......:p

How did they count up to 2.25 baths when they renovated?
  • vivatifosivivatifosi Forumite
    18.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did they count up to 2.25 baths when they renovated?

I know that in the US a half bathroom is what we'd call a toilet with a basin. Perhaps a quarter bath is a toilet, or a basin... I always get confused with US floorplans. They have half baths, no ground floors and get around by elevators and not lifts. They buy condos instead of flats, they rent apartments instead of flats. And we speak the same language apparently.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • vivatifosivivatifosi Forumite
    18.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many tellys do you need in one bedroom? I can make out 3, but not sure if that's a fourth immediately beside the bed..

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27967386.html?premiumA=true

(pic 3)
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • toozie_2toozie_2 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    vivatifosi wrote: »
    How many tellys do you need in one bedroom? I can make out 3, but not sure if that's a fourth immediately beside the bed..

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27967386.html?premiumA=true

(pic 3)

The saying "off the back of a lorry" comes to mind ;)
    :j
  • CorelliCorelli Forumite
    664 posts
    A rather nice spot the cat house. They've either got a whole lot of black cats or one that gets around a bit: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44928485.html?premiumA=true

VEGAN for the environment, for the animals, for health and for people

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight." ~Albert Schweitzer
  • vivatifosi wrote: »
    I know that in the US a half bathroom is what we'd call a toilet with a basin. Perhaps a quarter bath is a toilet, or a basin... I always get confused with US floorplans. They have half baths, no ground floors and get around by elevators and not lifts. They buy condos instead of flats, they rent apartments instead of flats. And we speak the same language apparently.

US conventions for counting bathrooms are as follows:
    • full bath = toilet, sink, bathtub
    • ¾ bath = toilet, sink, stand-up shower (no tub)
    • ½ bath = toilet, sink
    • ¼ bath = just a toilet

So you can get to 2.25 baths a few ways. Probably in this case based on the photos it looks like they've got a full bath, a ¾ bath, and a ½ bath.
  • General_GrantGeneral_Grant Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    US conventions for counting bathrooms are as follows:
    • full bath = toilet, sink, bathtub
    • ¾ bath = toilet, sink, stand-up shower (no tub)
    • ½ bath = toilet, sink
    • ¼ bath = just a toilet

So you can get to 2.25 baths a few ways. Probably in this case based on the photos it looks like they've got a full bath, a ¾ bath, and a ½ bath.

So hygiene requirements allow for a toilet with no hand-washing facilities?
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support