Vodafone lost my sim card!

Options
Ive had a nightmare with vodafone
my old phone was sent off to fixed they sent my sim card with it im on pay as u go. after x amount of weeks and a whole heap of messing about i went down the shop to find out what where they are at with my phone the person in the shop who i handed it into was not there so a different member of staff looked up on their computer to find they was no information about my phone even being sent off to be fixed. eventually relectantly i left the shop leaving it in the member of staff hands to find out what has happened. week later i receive a call saying they have phone but NO SIM CARD!
im disgusted!!!
this is very unprofessional im just wondering what vodafone will do now im waiting for a manager to ring me back.
on top of it all when i handed the phone in with sim card they told me that it would be only a week but it been many weeks and they told me that the phone due to it not being topped up for 6 months is now disconnected i did not know this as i was still receiving calls from it the day i handed it in, if they had gave it me back within the week they told me i could of topped it up but them having it for weeks has now cost me my number which they say they cant give it me back.
also i needed the number from it but they have told me no simcard lost and phone was wiped.
any advice would be greatly appreciated. x

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ive had a nightmare with vodafone
    my old phone was sent off to fixed they sent my sim card with it im on pay as u go. after x amount of weeks and a whole heap of messing about i went down the shop to find out what where they are at with my phone the person in the shop who i handed it into was not there so a different member of staff looked up on their computer to find they was no information about my phone even being sent off to be fixed. eventually relectantly i left the shop leaving it in the member of staff hands to find out what has happened. week later i receive a call saying they have phone but NO SIM CARD!
    im disgusted!!!
    this is very unprofessional im just wondering what vodafone will do now im waiting for a manager to ring me back
    on top of it all when i handed the phone in with sim card they told me that it would be only a week but it been many weeks and they told me that the phone due to it not being topped up for 6 months is now disconnected i did not know this as i was still receiving calls from it the day i handed it in, if they had gave it me back within the week they told me i could of topped it up but them having it for weeks has now cost me my number which they say they cant give it me back.
    also i needed the number from it but they have told me no simcard lost and phone was wiped.
    any advice would be greatly appreciated. x

Welcome to the forum, BUT, I cannot recall a time I have sent a handset back and it has not been made very clear to remaove the SIM card and the battery, they would not have to tell me that, I would do that anyway, not sure what you feel you would achieve by leaving the sim card in the handset, don't you beleive that you yourself should carry any of the blame? :eek:
  • Darlyd
    Darlyd Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Options
    DUTR wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum, BUT, I cannot recall a time I have sent a handset back and it has not been made very clear to remaove the SIM card and the battery, they would not have to tell me that, I would do that anyway, not sure what you feel you would achieve by leaving the sim card in the handset, don't you beleive that you yourself should carry any of the blame? :eek:

Er NO! Why would OP blame themselves, I mean if they were told not to sent phone with the sim and battery then fair enough, but no mention of that being said to the OP.

And vodafone are full of s hit.. you can get you number back if you need too. I was with them for years, lost my phone, waited few months, went to orange and then got my vodafone number transferred over.. (As long as you know it).

If it's all changed now, then I would be inclined to just go with another network, one with better deals. :D
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi momonlaptop,

That's not good to hear! We would usually advise customers to remove everything from the device before being sent off for repair so I am sorry to hear this was not mentioned to you.

So that I can take a look and see if I can help to resolve this, can you drop me an email to the address here with WRT135 FAO Heidi in the subject.

Kind regards,

Heidi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure