Virgin Media uk phone number

Hi All. Right straight to the point,
After spending 45 to 55 mins on the phone to virgin representatives in India and finally being told that they couldn’t help me, I finally asked them if they could give me a UK number, which they basically could not give me. Can anyone tell me if this is normal bear in mind that the number I called was a 0845 number an obviously costs a small fortune, :eek:
I originally just called to have a broadband cap removed, which isn’t a big deal, well I wouldn’t have thought so anyway and was even willing to pay extra to have this done, but it just went on and on. :(
Is this normal for Virgin media to fob you of to India….. ?
(You’d be better of talking to a machine as they seem only to have a sheet of answers and if it’s not on that sheet YOUR DOMMED) :shocked:
Sorry for the rant but I’m pretty irate, :mad:
Rob.

Comments

• john1
    john1 Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Try http://www.saynoto0870.com do a company search for virgin media quite a few 01 numbers there for Virgin Media take your pick
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    None of them work apart from 0800 052 0431 and that is supposed to be tech support for 50 and 100 Mbps customers.

Whether you get UK or offshore is down to chance and neither will be able to do anything about the traffic management as it is all automated.
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    call 150 off your home phone if you have one - its free then.
  • robt_2
    robt_2 Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They won't remove your cap, I wouldn't waste your time. Upgrade to the next package up if you really need to.
  • R0b_2
    R0b_2 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Thanks guys, looks like I will upgrade, I was willing to pay extra just to remove the cap, but I'll go to 50 meg speed also.
  • jasmin10
    jasmin10 Posts: 905 Forumite
    This is one that I was given direct from their UK Accounts dept, obviously its a uk one as they were chasing paypment lol. I have used it a few times to speak to them and just moaned that someone had put me through. They were still able to help me. The number is 0800 0522620.

HTH

Sam
    TopCashback £1792.63
    My Little World
  • j.sprago
    j.sprago Posts: 17 Forumite
    What time are you calling? the UK call centres are only open at certain times of the day..... Mid afternoon is the best time to ring if you want to get through to the UK however as mentioned above they won't remove a cap - the best way is to upgrade your BB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure