Do they DWP have access to my accounts?

Options
12346»

Comments

• pupsicola
    pupsicola Posts: 1,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    redz wrote: »
    The more accurate term is "not feeding the troll".

You having a good evening billy no mates?
  • redz
    redz Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    pupsicola wrote: »
    You having a good evening billy no mates?

sure, your ex is coming round for a beer and watch a film. :beer:
  • happy_lass
    happy_lass Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    the original poster lejito has gone very quiet !! yes , i am sure that the DWP can get bank account details if they suspect that fraud is going on .
    life is what you make it, make it fun !
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not quite sure what the obsession with RSNK is :eek:
  • make_me_wise
    make_me_wise Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    Options
    Funny old bean, I thought you weren't responding anymore? Looks like you still need your lie down? I hope you feel better later!

Correction I decided earlier not to respond to you, have made an exception to put you in your place here. If you look back you will see I have been responding to all the other posters on this site who hate you and dont respect you or your rude views.

I dont need a lie down and I feel fine thanks. I notice you feel much better too after admitting to all your faults. See bottom of last page lovey :p
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The DWP share information with the Revenue, and can find out how many bank accounts a person has, although not the balances, at this point.

They can detect through this data sharing with HMRC how many bank accounts are held by an individual, because all interest, by law, has to be declared by banks to HMRC.

If for example a person claims means-tested benefits, and fails to declare a bank account or the correct amount of capital contained in a bank account, it can be detected through the GMS.

If as a result fraud is suspected, authorised fraud officers can access individual bank accounts without the need to seek prior permission from the claimant.

Banks than have to provide the information required.

The best idea is to always declare ALL accounts - if the thresholds aren't reached, it won't matter to entitlement anyway.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • Kimitatsu
    Kimitatsu Posts: 3,894 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :D

Thread closed - OP your answer has been answered in full.

Can I ask you all to go and play in the arms if you are going to bicker ;) Ta muchly
    Free/impartial debt advice: Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) | National Debtline | Find your local CAB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure