PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chip Shop Curry

Options

Comments

• la_farfallina
    Options
    Morrisons sell the Mayflower curry sauce mix for 99p, if that helps.
  • sb44
    sb44 Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The Mayflower mix is great if you add some sliced onions, chicken breast and mushrooms.

Tastes just like the Special curry dish from the takeaway.
  • superstylin
    Options
    i vote maykway too but i'm not sure if it just an oop north thing (i'm in newcastle). my mam used to get it in the trays like you described madmum but i get it in powdered form in a tub....it's luverly!! oooh having just googled maykway, it seems maysan is made by the same company. so i imagine it may well be similar. i get my maykway from a local tesco
    "a workman, even of the lowest and poorest order, if he is frugal and industrious, may enjoy a greater share of the necessaries and conveniences of life than it is possible for any savage to acquire."
  • sb44
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    dcbags.jpgdcbags.jpgdcbags.jpgdcbags.jpg
    I remember Dinaclass now, the butcher was the only person to sell it for some reason.

Now that was def like chip shop curry.
  • KittyKate
    KittyKate Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    Options
    I can't believe none of you have recommended the ASDA curry sauce jars :o they're 4p a jar and do me and hubby 3 times over chips! A lovely snack :D (I've even seen them at 2p a jar...and they have a few sultanas in too just like the chippy :rotfl:)
  • sb44
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    KittyKate wrote: »
    I can't believe none of you have recommended the ASDA curry sauce jars :o they're 4p a jar and do me and hubby 3 times over chips! A lovely snack :D (I've even seen them at 2p a jar...and they have a few sultanas in too just like the chippy :rotfl:)

They are now 4p again in our Tesco Extra too.

:)
  • valleyboy22
    valleyboy22 Posts: 415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What's the fruity curry u can get with rasins in that you buy from the chip shop
  • Joeyyy
    Options
    Hi it’s made by Mai Mai foods. Hope this helps.
  • valleyboy22
    valleyboy22 Posts: 415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can this be bought in shops?
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    In me days of Yuff, we used to have (And this will get me carded!) chinky chips with curry sauce! The taste was smacking!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure