PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chip Shop Curry

Options

Comments

• madmum33
    madmum33 Posts: 635 Forumite
    Options
    I used to get a gorgeous curry paste when I lived oop north but haven't seen it since moving here :( It was the Chinese style, came as a hard paste in a flat tray about 4x8 inches with plastic film on top - half a tray made a delicious curry for 2.

Now I cope with the frozen sachets from Iceland, not as nice but they're OK. Can't remember the make though.
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Well I had to try it didn't I?

Just had sausage, mash and curry sauce mmmm

It's not as yellow as it used to be but it still tastes good.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Was it Maysan madmum33 http://www.wingyipstore.co.uk/product-119339.html think I have seen it on eBay too.

Nearlyrich pleased you enjoyed it
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • madmum33
    madmum33 Posts: 635 Forumite
    Options
    That might be it!!!!! Thanks!!!!!! :D
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Only one I can remember being in a packet like that, going back a few years since I helped run a takeaway place, they do a mild one aswell, lot less kick to it than the original. Hence I know about the other curry sauce, we used to do a deal with staff, they gave us products we needed/used made there, we provided food on a weekend for night shift :rotfl: helped both ways :D
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • SmileyS_2
    Options
    Can anyone remind me please,I can't find the thread!
    I bought a tin at the weekend and and thinking of warming it and serving with fish and chips.
    Would that be OK do you reckon?
    Thanks SS x
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi smiley,

In the chip shop curry sauce thread Mr Proctalgia said it was. I'll add your post to that thread to keep the replies together.

Pink
  • kirstyreanne
    Options
    nearlyrich wrote: »
    Well it's been annoying me for 4 months LOL but I can finally report that I managed to get hold of the curry mix I mentioned on this thread.

It's called Dinaclass and my local butcher has hunted it down for me so I bought it today. I can't wait to see if it's as good as it used to be.;)

I was going to recommend this one myself. It's the closest to the chip shop curry that I've ever tried. Most supermarkets usually stock it too!
  • sb44
    sb44 Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I think this it the one that I buy from a local discount shop, you mix it with water and heat it in the pan.

TN-CurryMixMedium.jpg

It's called Mayflower Curry Sauce mix.
  • sb44
    sb44 Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sb44 wrote: »
    I think this it the one that I buy from a local discount shop, you mix it with water and heat it in the pan.

TN-CurryMixMedium.jpg

It's called Mayflower Curry Sauce mix.

Yep, def the one, I bought some yesterday for 99p which make 9 servings.

Comes in a flat plastic tub like the ones you get a takeaway meal in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure