Yet more financial faux pas and many other disasterous decisions

Options

Comments

• Hovel_lady
    Hovel_lady Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    Options
    Lula-Hula wrote: »
    ps DD is at a riding party today - was it really that unreasonable to ask her bring back a bag of pony poo for the veg patch ?
    Seems perfectly reasonable to me :D
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hellooooo! And here's to successful goals :beer:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • MatyMoo
    MatyMoo Posts: 3,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :j Happy New Diary :j

I love reading your diary each morning while slobbing on the sofa with my cuppa. You really have a wonderful way with words and, has been said many times before, I am sure this could be put to good use. They say everyone has a book inside them.

Good luck achieving your targets - £5k before the end of the year really would be awesome :T

*subscribes*
    :j Proud Member of Mike's Mob :j
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ps DD is at a riding party today - was it really that unreasonable to ask her bring back a bag of pony poo for the veg patch ?

Only one bag? Poor child will be unevenly balanced. Clearly you should have requested one for each arm. Its not like the stables will miss it.

Hope shes enjoyed herself.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • moo2moo
    Options
    MatyMoo wrote: »
    :j Happy New Diary :j

I love reading your diary each morning while slobbing on the sofa with my cuppa. You really have a wonderful way with words and, has been said many times before, I am sure this could be put to good use. They say everyone has a book inside them.

Good luck achieving your targets - £5k before the end of the year really would be awesome :T

*subscribes*

Why thank you ma'am *moo curtsies*

5K before the end of the year would be awesome although not as awesome as being debt free last October would have been. Sadly I failed to be debt free by 35 and I'm not going to be debt free by 36 either. I'm destined to be a wrinkly debtor.
  • moo2moo
    Options
    [STRIKE]Today[/STRIKE] Yesterday was a day full of positives. DD1 had a superb time, she tried absolutely everything on offer but was most impressed with the drive in fridge. Sadly the estate owner was unavailable so they didn't get to ride on his private railway, nor did anyone arrive by jellycopter but she did leave with an invite to go back for work experience when shes old enough and a rather grotesque antler which shes washed and polished using what was formerly the whitest of white bathroom towels. Doubt the towel will ever be the same again. Had to wait until she was asleep to extract it from her arms and place it out of reach of the hound from hells jaws otherwise there wouldn't be much left when she wakes up.

Have managed an entire hours kip before the geriatric old dear flet the need to venture outdoors to water the plants. She took offence at the owl in the tree by the back door and made her presence known which resulted in much hooting which in turn upset the bats leading to much whooshing about and a lot more barking. Dogs are now sound asleep. I am not.

Have made a huge amount of progress today despite reading half a novel. I get far too easliy sidetracked. Kitchen sink is devoid of all washing up which makes the kitchen look considerably tidier than normal. This is the result of a dregs of the freezer dinner followed by much creative loading of the dishwasher. Had a go at the laundry pile which has resulted in many small hillocks on the dining room windowsill.

Got rid of OHs unwanted Landrover engine and an assortment of pipes and wotnot totalling three boxes in exchange for £100. Threw a lot more bits in the bin which created space on his shelving resulting in more floor space. Will be filling that tomorrow with the stuff in the dining room and the lounge. Have a box of parts to list on E-bay tomorrow when OH is around to identify them otherwise I'm liable to confuse myself and potential purchasers. Its been bad enough with the stuff I've sold recently. I've had to double check the picture to figure out if I'm parcelling up the right thing and even then I'm not 100% certain I've got it right. One grimy bit of metal looks very much the same to me.

Never did get round to grating carrots. Will have to do that [STRIKE]tomorrow[/STRIKE] today instead.
  • MatyMoo
    MatyMoo Posts: 3,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wanna be on the first page, I wanna be on the first page ...

Ok, now that I am I can go back & edit to say :

Happy Noo diary Moo :D

xx

moo2moo wrote: »
    Only one bag? Poor child will be unevenly balanced. Clearly you should have requested one for each arm. Its not like the stables will miss it.

Hope shes enjoyed herself.

To earn our 50p weekly pocket money we had to ride our bikes home from the stables at lunchtime and evening both days of the weekend with two buckets of dung for my Dad. We got money deducted if there was too much straw :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    :j Proud Member of Mike's Mob :j
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    moo2moo wrote: »
    [STRIKE]Today[/STRIKE] Yesterday was a day full of positives. DD1 had a superb time, she tried absolutely everything on offer but was most impressed with the drive in fridge. Sadly the estate owner was unavailable so they didn't get to ride on his private railway, nor did anyone arrive by jellycopter but she did leave with an invite to go back for work experience when shes old enough and a rather grotesque antler which shes washed and polished using what was formerly the whitest of white bathroom towels. Doubt the towel will ever be the same again. Had to wait until she was asleep to extract it from her arms and place it out of reach of the hound from hells jaws otherwise there wouldn't be much left when she wakes up.

Wow that all sounds fab. And well done her for impressing enough for the offer of work experience. Nice one. Oh heavens about the antler and the white towel though. Also to having to put it out of reach of the dog to keep it safe...lol.

Have managed an entire hours kip before the geriatric old dear flet the need to venture outdoors to water the plants. She took offence at the owl in the tree by the back door and made her presence known which resulted in much hooting which in turn upset the bats leading to much whooshing about and a lot more barking. Dogs are now sound asleep. I am not. Oh this made me laugh SOOO much I could just imagine the animal orchestra that resulted from all of that. Very funny to read, but maybe not so funny to live through.

Got rid of OHs unwanted Landrover engine and an assortment of pipes and wotnot totalling three boxes in exchange for £100. Threw a lot more bits in the bin which created space on his shelving resulting in more floor space. Will be filling that tomorrow with the stuff in the dining room and the lounge. Have a box of parts to list on E-bay tomorrow when OH is around to identify them otherwise I'm liable to confuse myself and potential purchasers. Its been bad enough with the stuff I've sold recently. I've had to double check the picture to figure out if I'm parcelling up the right thing and even then I'm not 100% certain I've got it right. One grimy bit of metal looks very much the same to me. Nice one for not only selling some bits, but also binning some bits. Are any of the boys toys up for sale, to turn the 'batchelor pad' into a family home yet? :D:D:D

Never did get round to grating carrots. Will have to do that [STRIKE]tomorrow[/STRIKE] today instead.

Good luck on getting to below 5k. I am sure if you keep on selling landy bits and boys toys, you will have no problems getting to this target. Is OH still doing his best to be a non drinker? As I guess this would also help with the target too.
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • moo2moo
    Options
    chevalier wrote: »
    Good luck on getting to below 5k. I am sure if you keep on selling landy bits and boys toys, you will have no problems getting to this target. Is OH still doing his best to be a non drinker? As I guess this would also help with the target too.
    chev

I did my best although was somewhat scuppered by the weather. Most of the stuff that needs to go is outdoors in the duckpond. Mother Nature is having a laugh. Seems every time I look out of the window the lawn has shrunk a litttle more and the puddle has got bigger and bigger and bigger to the point it aquired a trio of ducks yesterday.

Did manage to list ten items on E-bay and 20 on Amazon of which three have already sold. Also found a couple of elderly mobiles which I'll send off one at a time for a whopping £2.50 apiece, most of which is cashback from Quidco.

Spent the day tidying up and chucking out stuff in order to make space on the bookcases for DD1s school text books. Kept getting sidetracked but did unearth a couple of novels that I'd forgotten about. Got so engrossed in one that I stayed up late to finish it last night.

Attempted to persuade OH to part with his wetsuits which haven't been worn since the previous century when he had fewer spare tyres than he does now. Failed miserably. Can only hope DD1 has more success since they're occupying most of her wardrobe along with the guitar he bought at uni but never learnt to play. Theres always next time.

The DDs spent the morning watching telly and recharging their batteries and the afternoon tidying their rooms... at least thats what they were supposed to be doing. DD1 made a cat hotel in a storage cupboard under her bed and filled it with cat food. She was most unimpressed when the hound from hell barged through the door, crammed herself into the space, scoffed everything in sight and crushed everything in her path.

Spent the evening supervising the DDs whilst they made a batch of marmalade and thank you cards for their many teachers. Gift wrapped some of them with fancy paper covered lids and gift labels. Need to see if I can unearth some gift bags to go with. Worked out considerably cheaper than buying things would have been and also allowed me to clear out a glut of last seasons jams to make space for more of this years. Am running out of jars very rapidly again.

Need to venture outdoors at some point to put the chook food on bricks as chicken land is rather waterlogged. At least it means I won't have to water the veggies today. Further plans involve being at school early to clear up the aftermath of Fridays retirement party. OH is home all day so tis pointless planning anything although I could do with tackling the overflowing laundry basket. Also need to shuffle my wages to qualify for this months free fiver from the Halifax and pay a couple of bills. After that I have to figure out just how much I need to cover the DDs holiday entertainment, childcare and pocket money whilst they're at my parents and OHs parents plus all the extra spending required to kit DD1 out for high school.
  • moo2moo
    edited 19 July 2011 at 6:15AM
    Options
    Whooooooo hooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For today is the last day of school!

Not that this means I don't have to get up tomorrow, I do, but only because its a staff training day... but it does mean I have a temporary reprieve from vomit and toilet cleaning (in that job) and other peoples children until September *cue the pants on the head happy dance*

Today is also DD1s last day of primary school. She'll lose contact with all of her friends, mostly because children are very fickle. Her best friend in the entire world is going to a different high school, as are 95% of her class. I'd be very surprised if she sees her again other than perhaps a day or two over the holidays. Short term I can see her being quite upset but I doubt it will last long.

Have a very brief morning at work today. Need to put out 200 chairs for the school leavers service and then I get to deposit my bum on them (obviously not all of them because that wqould be rather silly - bit like a mad game of musical chairs although I suspect it would be vey good excercise) and hope that I stay awake because the school hall is very warm and the service is likely to go on for quite some time.

The afternoon is destined to be spent swearing at OH as we attempt to thread the landies wiring harness into the wax filled chassis. I suspect this will take quite some time. Once its in OH can start figuring out where to run pipes and then hopefully wings, radiator and bonnet. Sounds simple. Bet it takes a month and costs at least £500. Oh joy. Still it does mean that I only have to put up with the wing in the lounge for a short while longer.

Got a lovely letter from the nice people at shop and scan congratulating me on the mega reduction in my supermarket spends and threatening to kick me off the panel unless I can explain my vast reduction in spends since from their point of view it looks like I'm not bothering to scan stuff. E-mail duly sent. Would be gutted to lose the £80 a year that they seem to dole out in gift vouchers.

Am managing a very minimal spending week. Haven't been anywhere to do anything or spend anything since Friday which means I'm spent nothing so far this week and don't intend to spend anything until Thursday. After that it'll get expensive as I'll have to fork out £4 for martial arts classes, £50 for Horse related childcare (although that a worst case deal, it may 'only' be £40 but I can't remember which days were discounted and which weren't) after that the DDs have riding lessons on Saturday £20 which means it'll still end up being an expensive week.

Need to do shed loads of paperwork before the end of the day, mostly because the boss has dropped a clanger. The illegal immigrant has been asked to work extra hours over the holiday but no ones told her what those hours are and since that can only come out of the mouth of the boss since it comes out of his budget I'll need to grab him to sort that out. Need to figure out what shes going to do in the time first though to figure out when its worth having her about and when she'll be in the way. Also need to dole out keys to the supervisors of holiday club and their cleaners so that I don't have to go in at 7:30 to unlock the door everyday. Also need to remind them that I get a 2 hour call out fee everytime they phone me which comes out of their activities budget. Hopefully that will stop the phone calls to say they've run out of loo roll or they've vacuumed up a pingpong ball. Guess I should just be grateful that they do vacuum occassionally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport