Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

What are the best and worst basics/value/smartprice own brand products out there? - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

What are the best and worst basics/value/smartprice own brand products out there?

edited 31 October 2011 at 12:04AM in Gone Off!
525 replies 96.7K views

Replies

• Worst of the value products I have tried:

Morrisons Value Mayonnaise. I think it was 37p for a large jar (500ml). Just unbelievable - seriously.
    I bought two. :rotfl:
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    38.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sainsburys

basics dishwasher tablets they work quite well
    basics full flavour cheddar
  • trinidadonetrinidadone Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks sign in stranger
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
    3.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Sainsburys

basics dishwasher tablets they work quite well
    basics full flavour cheddar

thankyou :)
    3.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    i am keen to hear if anyone has used toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel?
  • chazlechazle Forumite
    28 posts
    bexxie90 wrote: »
    Forget what its called and I know you dont mention Iceland,but they do 2 bottles of washing up liquid for a pound and its fab and this is coming from a Fairy liquid only person....my mum got me onto it. I think Iceland do some fab deals atm especially Capri-suns for kids pack up-10 for £1.69 thats fab and also Daz etc much cheaper
    As for smart price etc I ALWAYS buy their biscuits,nappy bags,toilet cleaner and fab softener as they are all good.
    x

I also buy this washing up liquid from Iceland, Its called 'Easy' and you get two 650ml bottles in a pack for a £1 and it lasts ages!
    It bubbles up well, not 'false economy' like some cheaper brands where you end up squirting half the bottle in the sink!

Trinidadone - Iceland dont have a value range but just generally do good offers on things - the only thing to watch out for is all their prices are whole numbers ie £1 £2 etc so you can end up paying more for some things that would probably be cheaper elsewhere (its easy to add up your shopping as you go along though lol)
    3.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    chazle wrote: »
    I also buy this washing up liquid from Iceland, Its called 'Easy' and you get two 650ml bottles in a pack for a £1 and it lasts ages!
    It bubbles up well, not 'false economy' like some cheaper brands where you end up squirting half the bottle in the sink!

Trinidadone - Iceland dont have a value range but just generally do good offers on things - the only thing to watch out for is all their prices are whole numbers ie £1 £2 etc so you can end up paying more for some things that would probably be cheaper elsewhere (its easy to add up your shopping as you go along though lol)

thanks for the info. even though there is no value brands in iceland, i will include the easy washing up liquid, thanks X
  • LeeUKLeeUK Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Asda Smartprice Ham but I don't like the Morrisons Value equivalent.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    38.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thankyou :)

apologies i didnt put the price did it, ill add it tomorrow
    3.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeeUK wrote: »
    I like Asda Smartprice Ham but I don't like the Morrisons Value equivalent.

thanks Lee, i placed your comments on the first message page
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support