WARNING-CC Fraud

Options
2»

Comments

• Beninio88
    Options
    Just found out I have been hit by wbsales.com as well. 2 times they have taken money out of my account. I went into the bank to get it sorted. I wanted to cancel the card and get a new one. I was told that getting a new one would not make a difference. Why not? I thought that the scammers had details of that one card. As soon as I get a new card will the scammers get thoses details too?
  • cafenervosa_2
    Options
    I think what you mean is that you want a different account number. If you get a new card then it will just have the same account details as the old one.

My new TSB Visa card seemingly got lost in the post as I had recieved the pin number but not the card. I rang them and they cancelled that account so nobody could use it again. They soon sent me a new card with a new account number and pin. In the end the old card did turn up so it was just me playing it safe really.

You also have to be carful when throwing away your CC statments. They have all your details on and if you just throw them in the bin then people will dig them out and use your details. I got caught out this way once when I had a Direct Debit took from my account from SKY when I don't even have SKY. Its best to shread the paperwork or cut them up big time.
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with cafenervosa. BE very carefull with your rubbish. As an officer of the law.. 8) we have dealt with criminals who were going around the night before rubbish collections and going through peoples bin bags. Bank, credit card statements can be used to obtain all manner of things and frauds.
    These can be sold on to Mr BIG, who will take for example loads of tesco clubcards from the store and clone all the information on to them using the recordable magnetic strip....anyway remember to shred your statements.
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • lawrat
    Options
    Also another CC fraud to be aware of is your card being used to buy phone credit. Some one bought £95 worth in seperate transactions off my credit card in july but this luckily easily sorted by my card issuer, smile, who then cancelled my old card and sent me a new one with a different number to prevent this happening again.
    Old Faithful we roam the range together,
    Old Faithful in any kind of weather,
    When the round up days are over,
    And the Boulevard’s white with clover,
    For you old faithful pal of mine.
    Giddy up old fella cos the moon is yellow tonight,
    Giddy up old fella cos the moon is mellow and bright,
    There’s a coyote crying at the moon above,
    Carry me back to the one I love,
    And you old faithful pal of mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors