Boots Repeat Prescription service

Options
I just saw an advert on TV for it and it got me thinking - does anyone else here use it and what are your experiences of it because Im wondering if its just me who has no luck with it!

I registered for it online and requested my prescription for a particular date (7 days before I ran out) anyway, I went in on the said day to collect my prescription. The woman behind the counter argued with me for the best part of 10 mins that there was no such thing as the repeat prescription service :o Anyway after explaining her job too her and actually having to load up my account on my mobile and showing it there to her she said she would have a look for my prescription.

After waiting for around half hour they came back and said they had never ordered it and I would have to re-request it, eventually days later I finally got my prescription, I figured maybe it was just a glitch in thier system so requested my next lot too but changed the date on it, from the date it was technically due (7 days before I run out) to 2 weeks before because I wasn't going to be around.
Anyway guess what, it never came in, not 2 weeks before, not 7 days before, not even after my tablets ran out (after being fobbed off 'it will be here tomorrow' - in the end I had to go to the doctors myself and get myself an emergency prescription....

So am I alone in the problems? Other than boots, the only place near to me that offers this is a little co-op pharmacy, does anyone recommend them?
MFW 2020 #111 Offset Balance £69,394.80/ £69,595.11
Aug 2014 £114,750 -35 yrs (2049)
Sept 2016 £104,800
Nov 2018 £82,500 -24 yrs (2042)

Comments

• Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I don't have any experience to post of Boots service, but I can tell you about the service we get from Lloyds as it'll give you an idea of what else is available ...

Both Marley & littl'un have repeat prescriptions, falling on different days of the month. Lloyds have the dates & items listed on their computer. Every month without fail they telephone us a week before each prescription runs out to check what items we want repeating; they organise the prescription with the GP and collect it; they then fulfill the order(s) and deliver the items out to our house. They also always ask how littl'un is doing ;) I am really impressed with this level of service :)
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    my mum used it they decided to dispense a different type of one of her medications which doesnt agree with her, despite the prescription having the correct one (which is dearer) the pharmacist just changed it
    she complained and it was fine for a few months, then it happenend again so she just never used them again
    they way her repeat prescriptin was some medication was ordered on a 2 monthly basis and the rest on a monthly and they cocked it up a few times
  • xoxo_2
    xoxo_2 Posts: 889 Forumite
    Options
    My Dad uses the boots one, it works really well for him, no problems at all. Guess it depends on the staff/store
    :j
  • toshkininny
    toshkininny Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sorry to sort of hijack the thread, but do you know whether you can pay by vouchers for a prescription?

Thanks

Jane
  • ILoveEoin
    ILoveEoin Posts: 258 Forumite
    Options
    same here order online give it 3days go in, dont have it! order again and get it within a 7days of ordering it lol
    marriage is finding that one special person that you can annoy for the rest of your life:)
  • ankspon
    ankspon Posts: 2,371 Forumite
    Options
    I use a small independant chemist and if i put my prescription in to the docs on a morning it will be delivered the same day,never failed me.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had the same problem with Boots, the only time I've tried the service I went in to collect my meds, they denied ever having had my repeat slip, despite my producing a receipt telling me what date to collect them. Now, I control my own repeat prescriptions.
  • harrys_nan
    harrys_nan Posts: 1,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Iv'e had the same problem with Boots, I now take my repeat into the Doc's myself and that way I know I'm not going to run out
    Treat other's how you like to be treated.

Harry born 23/09/2008
    New baby grandson, Louie born 28/06/2012,
    Proud nanny to two beautiful boys :j
    And now I have the joy of having my foster granddaughter becoming my real granddaughter. Can't ask for anything better

UPDATE,
    As of today 180919. my granddaughter is now my official granddaughter, adoption finally granted
  • xycom1
    xycom1 Posts: 784 Forumite
    Options
    xoxo wrote: »
    My Dad uses the boots one, it works really well for him, no problems at all. Guess it depends on the staff/store

I think this is exactly right.
  • marywooyeah
    marywooyeah Posts: 2,656 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I signed up for the boots one a few months ago and had to argue with the store staff that there was an offer where you got £5 worth of AC points for doing so. both the senior chemist and another manager point blank told me they didnt - then a young girl with a trainee badge came over said yes you do, did something to the till and I got my points.
    not had to go and get the pills yet but dont bank on them being there as they told me to come back around the middle of october!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure