We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2007 comping challenge

1…4445474950…96

Comments

  • Hello

    What a Fantastic Idea :T - Could I Join?

    Hopefully my winnings will pay for more than just my Internet Connection!! :D
    Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts - 1420 Days To Go!
    LBM: £103,592.98 / Currently £78,500.08 - Down 24.22% / Mortgage: £92,800.00 / Loan: £17,284.21 / Overdraft: £450.09 / C/Card 0%(October 08): £5,601.54 / C/Card 0% (January 09): £1075.22 / Child Care: £137.80
    Share Investments: £51,390.74 / Money Owed From GS: £5,812.61
  • I'll have a go at this! £24.99 a month so a fair bit to win!

    repeater
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,716 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Welcome to you both. We seem to be getting a good number of people who have more than made back their internet connection already. Be aware that must compers who are winning well are putting in a lot of hours comping.
  • vulture
    vulture Posts: 314 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi I'd like to join in too, I've been a member for a while but not used the comps board much 9 I usually only read through martins money tips) it's only through the recent Loquax thing that I have realised how good this site is for comps

    Wins to date are;
    500 Nectar points £2.50
    2 Gruffalo puzzle books £20.98
    Jamie Oliver Tart Ring ! £16.00
    Propertyfinder instant win £50 Homebase vouchers

    Won £89.68 Need £179.88
    Water is a basic necessity - not for profit
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,716 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    vulture wrote:
    Hi I'd like to join in too, I've been a member for a while but not used the comps board much 9 I usually only read through martins money tips) it's only through the recent Loquax thing that I have realised how good this site is for comps

    Wins to date are;
    500 Nectar points £2.50
    2 Gruffalo puzzle books £20.98
    Jamie Oliver Tart Ring ! £16.00
    Propertyfinder instant win £50 Homebase vouchers

    Won £89.68 Need £179.88

    Welcome. We think we have a great forum too. :D
  • Mrs_L
    Mrs_L Posts: 319 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    HI
    I'd like to join to, I'm a few months behind most of you so I need to get some serious comping in.
  • halojones
    halojones Posts: 742 Forumite
    I'm off to a flying start with a win from Puzzler.com, a PSP.

    Thanks everybody.
    Amazon Sellers Club Member Number 52 :p
    £2008 for 2008 Club Member Number 318 :cool:
    total YTD £75
    Good Luck Everyone ;)
    :beer:
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,716 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Mrs_L wrote:
    HI
    I'd like to join to, I'm a few months behind most of you so I need to get some serious comping in.

    Welcome. Don't worry about the couple of months. We are only challenging ourselves not competing against each other. a lot of people have actually made their goal within a couple of months anyway, so you should catch up quickly
  • claire738
    claire738 Posts: 2,397 Forumite
    Hi,

    i'm going to join too even though it feels a little late! Good luck everyone :)

    Claire x

    Z


  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,716 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Welcome Claire. Its not too lat at all. I am just delighted by the number of people who have joined. Some of our earlier joiners who were new to comping have already met their target.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.