do currys store price match web price of dixsons?

Options
seen a camera at dixons online and it is GBP20 cheaper than currys site,do currys price match web for store collection? thdanke.gif

1-badRudolf.gif

Comments

• Joto_2
    Joto_2 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    Yes they do. We asked about this a few weeks ago instore. We were told they will price match with shops and online stores.
    Look after the pennies and the £££s will look after themselves
  • Ivan_Konstantinov
    Options
    Joto wrote:
    Yes they do. We asked about this a few weeks ago instore. We were told they will price match with shops and online stores.

thanks for fast reply1-365F15F11.gif

1-badRudolf.gif
  • I've been told in an email from their customer services debt that they would not price match Dixons web prices in the Curry's store.
  • splodger_2
    Options
    I was told yesterday in store that they would NOT match Dixons online prices.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    As I got refused a price match from currys own website so I hardly think they will price Dixons web prices.

And given that Dixons/Currys/PC world are all the same can't see why they don't have the same prices anyway.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • onebigshop
    Options
    PC World and Currys should match the price of any other online store, including their own (you can use collect @ store and reserve@store from both websites) however most of the items on Dixons.co.uk are discounted heavily to match/beat other online retailers so I doubt if the high street stores would want to match those prices. I know that Dixons employees are not allowed any 'staff discount' on the prices as they make little profit from the site.

Dixons can be really good for a bargain though...I got my Samsung 27" HD ready from them in June for just over £500. I still haven't seen it cheaper elsewhere. Hopefully they will have a good sale too
  • Miss_Penny_Pincher_2
    Options
    Does anyone know if Currys will price match anything?

The reason I ask is because I've been given a 'voucher' by my insurance company that must be used in Currys. The item I want to purchase is £30 cheaper on the Currys website than in store and feel a little agrieved at losing £30.

I think the voucher can only be used in store too :(
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Currys do match there website , just take a printout and tell them about it dont mention the vouchers until they agree the price.
  • jen1
    jen1 Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, we had this problem when we were buying a lcd tv for our bedroom.
    I saw the tv a £100 pound cheaper on dixons website so we printed it out and went to currys which they refused. We then went four doors down to pc world who said no problem and we got the tv we wanted for £100 cheaper.

If pc world do the camera try them. I hope this helps!
  • Lostintheplot
    Options
    I work at Currys and was told to price match their own website as long as the customer has a printout showing the price (even "web exclusive" prices). I think we match Dixons, too - there's an option for "price-match: Dixons" as well as "price-match: Currys". It may well be down to the opinion of who serves you (or what their manager tells them).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure