Three Network Nightmare

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
1 reply 573 views
lanchuttlanchutt Forumite
7 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Hi everybody.

I am having an absolute nightmare with Three Network. I bought a Dongle in February and 1 month internet with a 1 mionth direct debit instruction.

The dongle didn't work well in my area, which I didn't care so much about as it didn't cost that much and it was only for 1 month so I threw it away and deleted my emails for the order etc and thought nothing of it.

When I looked at my bank statement, Three Network had continued to take money from my account so I called their direct debit cancellation line and instead of obliging and stopping the direct debit and giving a refund the man in the call centre refused and tried to upsell me for 20 minutes. He wouldn't take no for an answer and in the end I had to hang up. I stopped the Direct debits at the bank instead. Howere it now comes off my credit card at the bank!

Fast forward a week later and my family get a call from Three Network collections (I was out of the country on business for a few weeks) saying I owe THEM money and I said I cancelled my account and it was only ever for 1 month anyway (pay as you go).

He looked at his notes and said he could see I tried to cancel and went ahead and said he will cancel.

Anyway my family are getting harrassing calls 3 or 4 times a day from Three. I called them from abroad but keep getting hung up on.

I would write a letter but I have no written back up to prove it. I don't even want compensating anymore but they just won't take no for an answer.

as anybody else had any bad experiences. I don't know why they won't just cancel something that I didn't even ask for in the first place?? I find it disgusting that they could treat people like this!

How can I get them to oblige without me having to cancel my credit card too, and make the stop harrassing my family?!

Replies

• macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that you didn't actually cancel, hence they have carried on billing you. Stopping your DD is not giving notice.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals