We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheap Netting?

Options
2»

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I thought of that because I've got some here I dont use. But when the snow comes it would all pile up and the weight would collapse it - with netting, it will go through.
  • DaftyDuck
    DaftyDuck Posts: 4,609 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 June 2011 at 9:38AM
    Options
    Mad Arthur,

Have you tried asking on Freecycle? You might well find someone getting rid of netting - wire netting even - and that'd be free & environmentally goodest of all!

Lots of chicken stuff goes on Freecycle!

DaffyDuck
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    :cry::cry: at all the bad people calling me mad arthur !! :p Will try FreeCycle ta.
  • DaftyDuck
    DaftyDuck Posts: 4,609 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    :cry::cry: at all the bad people calling me mad arthur !! :p Will try FreeCycle ta.

:Dmardatha!:D

Has to be said, although I get called DaffyDuck, rather than DaftyDuck, it's not quite as big a mis-read as mad arthur!! P'raps you ought to change your sig so's not to tempt us meanie-types :D

Good luck with freecycle!
  • AMMat158
    AMMat158 Posts: 697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Where is best (cheapest) for netting to keep birds out ? I have no Wilkinsons here, so dont upset me by telling me how cheap they are :D

Sorry if this is upsetting to you Mardatha ;) but Wilkinsons garden netting 6m x 4m scanned for me at 5p yesterday!!
    Original price was £4.98

Andrea
  • timmmers
    timmmers Posts: 3,743 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Amazon is pretty cheap too.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport