MONEY MORAL DILEMMA. Should Jenny kick them out?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Herb wrote:
    I have many properties

And who is REALLY paying the mortgage on them? I am a tenant - and probably always will be because of greedy people like you - and it's MY hard-earned money paying someone else's mortgage.
  • Herb
    Herb Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what mortgage?
  • Paul_Herring
    Options
    Justamum wrote:
    And who is REALLY paying the mortgage on them? I am a tenant - and probably always will be because of greedy people like you - and it's MY hard-earned money paying someone else's mortgage.
    Who's responsible for maintaining the building, getting CORGI certificates, insuring the building etc. Not all the rent goes towards paying any mortgage taken out on the property. This assumes of course there is a mortgage on the property.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • mrswacka
    Options
    Oh My God!! We are looking for a property to rent and after reading all the posts I am really hoping we get a decent Landlord.
    If we didnt pay the rent ON TIME I would expect to be evicted no matter what time of year it is. We had arrears on our mortgage and were repossessed the second week of December, our families have been really supportive but only because we have learned our lesson and have now saved money for rent/deposit etc and we had a very lean christmas, (our son realised that Santa couldnt fit all his toys on the sleigh).
    Some people will play on your emotions especially at christmas. Don't fall for it. If they can't pay at Christmas they wont pay any other time of the year.
    (Because we were 'Intentionally Homeless' the only thing our local council offered us was a 2 bed flat in the worst part of our city where muggings and shootings happen regularily. Thank god we had our family to turn to)
  • chant1l
    chant1l Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    It is really simple, the moral dilemma was faced by the tenant a long time ago, do I pay my rent or do nothing? The landlord is not responsible for the welfare of this tenant or their children - the tenant is and should live up to his responsibilities.
    Tescos do not supply free food to those who have just lost their jobs and have children - I see no compelling argument to see why a landlord should start supplying freebies either.
  • srg123
    srg123 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I believe the single parent would be ok to get housing benifit this can take a while which should be back dated. so I would sit tight and wait (while asisting her to claim benifit) better the devil you know etc
    Charles J
  • Herb
    Options
    srg123 wrote:
    I believe the single parent would be ok to get housing benifit this can take a while which should be back dated.

"This could take a while" ?!

Lets leave it a few more months then?

What if she defrauded the council with her last claim?
    What if the last landlord was over paid Housing Benefit? - (this overpayment will be taken from Jenny's payment)
    What if she simply doesn't qualify for HB?

No - sorry - the tenant lost her job THREE months ago and all she has done is speak to an advice service staffed by volunteers - rather than the people that actually PAY the money - come on it doesnt take a lot of brains - lose your job - go to the council to claim Housing Benefit not the CAB!

Start eviction proceedings - it's three months!
  • Saucepot
    Saucepot Posts: 12,322 Forumite
    Options
    The landlord pays her taxes and subsides people enough, the tenant can either pay up or leave. If she is homeless then it is the councils problem to deal with.
    I wonder why it is, that young men are always cautioned against bad girls. Anyone can handle a bad girl. It's the good girls men should be warned against.-David Niven
  • Freefall
    Freefall Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    Saucepot wrote:
    The landlord pays her taxes and subsides people enough, the tenant can either pay up or leave. If she is homeless then it is the councils problem to deal with.

It's so nice that this site is community-spirted and caring enough to help and support such self-centred and selfish people.
  • Herb
    Options
    chant1l summed it up best above.

Really - would you expect the woman to get free food from Tesco's because she has no money?

No - so why expect the landlord to provide free shelter after THREE months of no action by the tenant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure