MSE News: British Gas may stop doorstep selling

in Energy
16 replies 2.4K views
2»

Replies

• chrisjw37chrisjw37 Forumite
    75 Posts
    broxis11 wrote: »
    Scottish Gas don`t have standing charges.

YES, yes they do - you can choose to have an account with or without an SO. The unit tariff rate you pay changes acordingly.
  • broxis11broxis11 Forumite
    240 Posts
    chrisjw37 wrote: »
    YES, yes they do - you can choose to have an account with or without an SO. The unit tariff rate you pay changes acordingly.

Interesting. Can you help us to understand more about these charges by telling us how much they are and the associated unit prices?
    :money:
  • chrisjw37 wrote: »

I just wanted to make sure the right information gets out there;

Scottish / British Gas do not have standing charges on any of their current tariffs. They operate a two-tier system or three-tier if including Economy 7.

Where have you heard this previously?

:D

"As you slide down the bannister of life, always endeavour to check the splinters are facing the right way..."
  • duggie1982duggie1982 Forumite
    717 Posts
    yoda011087 wrote: »

Scottish / British Gas do not have standing charges on any of their current tariffs. They operate a two-tier system or three-tier if including Economy 7.

BG have standing charges on some of their electricity tariffs but not on their gas ones! :money:
  • dunloadindunloadin Forumite
    359 Posts
    yoda011087 wrote: »

You a BG employee Yoda? The two tier tariffs are a back door way of getting a standing charge off customers.

Paying twice as much for the first 500 units (now 720) is the way the suppliers market a 'no standing charge' tariff.

It sounds like your getting a good deal, and often adds confusion as can be seen on the odd post where folk complain that higher users seem to be getting better deals as they get more units at a cheaper price than those who use less.
  • So? I think a two tier system is fairer than a standing charge system. At least this way, if you don't use any energy (say you go on holiday for a month or two), then you don't have to pay anything.

Simple.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides