IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Civil Enforcements / Norwich Pharmacal Order

Options

Comments

• notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    I just hope they don't get away with it.i wonder what's happened to that poster.....
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    I would add that as only ten minutes have been allocated, enabling the court to keep within the time scale is a good thing to do.
    Concision and focus are required (in any court). Go straight to the heart of the matter.
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Its a pity we have not been given the full story. It would be interesting to hear what the first contact with VCS disclosed. I can not see VCS applying for a NPO if they have been told the RK does not know who was driving. Up until he posted on bitterwallet he had obtained 3 invoices.
    We don't know what sort of car park it was. Maybe he has given VCS room to have a go at court.
    Maybe they received an initial defence stating simply "I was not the driver" hence the later court hearing date. Then they have applied for the NPO to try and force them to disclose information they believe he does hold.
    Even the claim form was scanned with the details of claim unreadable. I think there is a lot more to this application then we have been told.
  • Coblcris
    Options
    That may be so.
    It may not.
    In my opinion the closed hearing raises some questions which support your view.
    In any event this will not set any precedent.
  • notts_phil
    Options
    All I can tell people is from my own phone call the hearing is genuine according to the lady at the court
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    Options
    notts_phil wrote: »
    All I can tell people is from my own phone call the hearing is genuine according to the lady at the court

How simple is it to find out if the hearing took place and what occurred if the OP does not return to post a result ??
  • Coblcris
    Options
    Phone the court and ask. But you will not find what occurred, merely the decision.
    The closed hearing aspect raises its head here.
  • notts_phil
    Options
    Coblcris wrote: »
    Phone the court and ask. But you will not find what occurred, merely the decision.
    The closed hearing aspect raises its head here.

i think most county courts you have to ask to go, rather then just being able to walk in like crown/mag courts
  • Coblcris
    Options
    notts_phil wrote: »
    I think you mean that the hearing is scheduled, being a hearing and being a 'genuine hearing' are different questions.
  • notts_phil
    Options
    Coblcris wrote: »
    I think you mean that the hearing is scheduled, being a hearing and being a 'genuine hearing' are different questions.

that is very true!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure