We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I will make this my year!!

Options
I will I will I will!!!
:D
Hi I am Mrs HBS Mr HBS will be popping in every now and then to update as this is something we both need to do in order to get out of debt.

Our main problem is motivation how do you stay motivated????, we are going to work on that but your tips would be appreciated. We have 3 beautiful children DS age 10, DD1 age 2 and DD2 age 10 weeks they are what keep us going so maybe we need to use them in order to keep us motivated a short break for them each time a debt is paid ummm will think further on this

In order for us to reduce our debt we have to earn extra money. I have started a small business which I hope to develop while I am on maternity leave as long as I make over £20 per month I will be in profit!!

We will be concentrating on one debt at a time the first not being the highest but our biggist ball ache £1400 water rate arrears, we have £90 ready to pay off this so let the decline to zero start :eek:

Sorry for the long post If any negativity creaps in please give us a hard sharp kick up the rear.;)

Off to update signature and nose in other peoples diarys.
Electric and Gas Predators 17/£700 :(
:j:j:j October make £10 a day challenge :j:j:j
£155/£310

Comments

• happy_but_skint
    Options
    I have just done the snowball calculator and by just overpaying by £132 p/m ontop of standard payments I will only have 45 payments to make, I am so happy I thougt it would be longer than this so I will aim every month to overpay by £264 but a minimum of £132. Mr HBS starts a new job next month with quarterly and annual bonuses so will throw that at the debt and im hoping for a nice back payment from child tax credits DD2 was born 1/4 and they havent added her to our claim yet, we have chased this countless times they have now re-submitted the claim.
    £155/£310
  • happy_but_skint
    happy_but_skint Posts: 777 Forumite
    edited 17 June 2011 at 3:25PM
    Options
    Well I am absolutly shattered this morning I cant blame the baby as she sleeps through, I was on here till gone midnight then DD1 woke me at 6.15 so will need to draw my energy from somewhere today.

Today I will

do a quick clean as not much needs doing- done
    wash DS's bedding and dry - done
    do some ironing - done all of it !!
    play with DD1 for an hour while DD2 is asleep - done sang row row the hout for an hour lots of screaming lol
    check online banking
    print flyers for small business - cant do ran out of colour ink will need to get some when DH gets paid next week.

once DD1 in bed

do a clean up downstairs
    hoover
    finish DH's fathers day prezzie with DS

That will leave me with loads of spare time to maybe have a nap :D
    £155/£310
  • happy_but_skint
    Options
    Well didnt get a nap, DD2 has been a little unsettled today and is not sleeping for long or playing under the play gym if shes like it tomorrow I will get her checked as she is normally very content. I did get a fair bit done will hopefully catch up tonight if she sleeps if not their is always another day!

I am currently writing a to do list as husband is going away for a month soon and is feeling guilty... time to get those odd jobs done :)
    £155/£310
  • kerron7
    kerron7 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just wanted to say good luck and hope little one is ok.

Kerron
    Emergency Fund - £50/£500
  • BEAT_THE_DEBT
    BEAT_THE_DEBT Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    hi i find that children their future is indeed the best motivation good luck baby steps xxx
  • happy_but_skint
    Options
    Thank you.

the baby is still a little bit unsettled i think she has a belly ache as she is arching alot and DD1 complained at having a poorly belly earlier i hate it when they cant tell you whats wrong.:(

Baby steps all the way!!!:D
    £155/£310
  • kerron7
    kerron7 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oh bless her, could it be trapped wind? Hope she picks up later and gives you a good nights sleep.

Kerron x
    Emergency Fund - £50/£500
  • happy_but_skint
    Options
    It could be wind she dont normally suffer with it shes good at bringing it up (and down lol).
    £155/£310
  • happy_but_skint
    Options
    Well its a lazy day so far, OH got up with the kids so I had a nice lay in they were also bathed and dressed and down stairs cleaned and hoovered :D

We did have to go to the shop for baby milk and got a few bits of shopping aswell OH will go back tonight as they will have loads of reduced fresh bread and rolls.

I have a few bits for ebay which I should put on as its free listing weekend will aim to find 10 items.
    £155/£310
  • happy_but_skint
    Options
    I have sorted out for ebay but my camera needs new batteries so will have to see if i have enough money in the account to get some tomorrow beforw the free listing ends. Im going to put our old laptop on the screen has come apart but it is a decent machine and its only sat ontop of our freezer catching dust.

Going to start some decorating tomorrow that should keep me out of trouble and we already have most of the materials.

i'm so tired my get up and go get up and went a nice early night i think.
    £155/£310
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business