E.ON FixOnline 8

Options
emesee
emesee Posts: 20 Forumite
I'm on E.ON FixOnline 8 till July 1st (dual fuel+monthly direct debit)

If I switch to their SaveOnline 7 fixed tariff till 1/7/2012 and put this particular tariff into the comparison websites it is the best tariff available and I'll be £66 better off annually than changing to the well publicised EDF SaveOnline 7!!!

Also E.ON told me yesterday their SaveOnline 7 is the best tariff at present for me to switch to. However I was told that they will be coming out with new tariffs at the beginning of July!?

Do I believe them and wait till July 1st ish and see whats available or switch to their SaveOnline 7 on say June 30th just in case they pull the plug on it on July 1st or am I missing something else???

Comments

• kidohno
    kidohno Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    If I were you, I'd switch to their Save Online 7 NOW. They'll probably pull this tariff before July 1st as their prices are going up.

The new tariffs they refer to will probably be released AFTER their price increase.
  • emesee
    emesee Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that kidohno.

Why hasn't this tariff been mentioned before?
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 15 June 2011 at 10:16PM
    Options
    emesee wrote: »
    Thanks for that kidohno.

Why hasn't this tariff been mentioned before?

Eon SaveOnline 7 is mentioned frequently on the main FOL8 thread. It's also not a fixed tariff. Eon's Fixed Price tariff is called Fixed Price 5.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3201532

For me it's a 23% jump from FOL8 and isn't the cheapest.

What is EDF SaveOnline7 - I've never heard of it.
  • IsaCream_Man
    IsaCream_Man Posts: 66 Forumite
    edited 16 June 2011 at 7:31AM
    Options
    ... ...Also E.ON told me yesterday their SaveOnline 7 is the best tariff at present for me to switch to. However I was told that they will be coming out with new tariffs at the beginning of July!? ... ...
    You are clearly an existing E.ON customer, like me, but I'm still on SaveOnline 5. In my case when I see what's available for me to switch to after I log in, I'm never offered what you've been offered - i.e. SaveOnline 7 (which I do believe to be current). I only get offered Age UK Price Protection 2013, Fixed price 5, EnergyOnline, and Track and Save 9.

Others here already on E.ON have posted similarly, that they're not offered what I am.

I know that if I were not an existing E.ON customer, or if I didn't login and say I was an existing customer, I'd probably be offered online more tariffs using their Products and Services pages. I'm thinking that this is either because of where I live, or because other people are getting a different answer to the question "What can I switch to?" by phoning rather than trying it online.

Does anyone know why this is, and maybe one of the E.ON reps can comment on this anomaly. Thanks.
  • Airmike23
    Airmike23 Posts: 403 Forumite
    Options
    IsaCream_Man - Save ONline 5 is cheaper than Save Online 7 so I wouldn't opt for it, neither product is fixed/capped, so the unit rates will increase as and when Eon announce an increase. Got to stress - ONLY Scottish Power has made a formal announcement of an increase and when that comes into effect (1st August) - NONE of the other big 6 companies (Eon, BG, SSE, EDF and Npower) have made any formal announcement of an increase and when that will be. Reading between the lines, like BG introducing a fixed package to their tariff range which is priced 19% dearer than their current Standard tariff rates, Eon Save Online 7 being dearer than all previous versions we are looking at all the other co's having announced an increase within the next 2-3 months at the longest, so if you want some surety of unit rates then Fixed Price 5 or Age UK capped 2013 would be the way to go. You can always switch onto the latest version of the tariff you are on, if the website is not showing as an option simply call in.
  • IsaCream_Man
    Options
    Thanks for your comments Airmike23. I agree with you, but I wasn't intending to switch to SaveOnline 7.
    I'm hoping that someone will comment on my query as to why existing customers of E.ON seem to get different answers to this simple question: "What other E.ON tariffs are available to me?" From E.ON's point of view, what does an answer depend on ... whether you phone them or check online, whether you live here or there, for example. Or some other factor perhaps.
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Post code.
  • IsaCream_Man
    Options
    Pincher wrote: »
    Post code.
    In other words, it depends where you live. I know that if you seek prices and discounts and you're not logged in as an E.ON customer, the website asks for your post code. So the same applies to existing customers then. Never thought of that. Thanks.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm on E.ON FixOnline 8 till July 1st (dual fuel+monthly direct debit)

If I switch to their SaveOnline 7 fixed tariff till 1/7/2012 and put this particular tariff into the comparison websites it is the best tariff available and I'll be £66 better off annually than changing to the well publicised EDF SaveOnline 7!!!

Also E.ON told me yesterday their SaveOnline 7 is the best tariff at present for me to switch to. However I was told that they will be coming out with new tariffs at the beginning of July!?

Do I believe them and wait till July 1st ish and see whats available or switch to their SaveOnline 7 on say June 30th just in case they pull the plug on it on July 1st or am I missing something else???

Hi emesee

Agents are informed about new tariffs or prices at round about the same time as they're released to the public.

The comments you refer to about forthcoming new tariffs are, I'm afraid, pure speculation and I'm sorry if you were led to believe differently.

At the moment, we only know about the tariffs listed on our website. As I say, what will or will not be available at the beginning of July is a matter of guesswork only.

Sorry again for any duff info you were given but hope the above clears this up.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You are clearly an existing E.ON customer, like me, but I'm still on SaveOnline 5. In my case when I see what's available for me to switch to after I log in, I'm never offered what you've been offered - i.e. SaveOnline 7 (which I do believe to be current). I only get offered Age UK Price Protection 2013, Fixed price 5, EnergyOnline, and Track and Save 9.

Others here already on E.ON have posted similarly, that they're not offered what I am.

I know that if I were not an existing E.ON customer, or if I didn't login and say I was an existing customer, I'd probably be offered online more tariffs using their Products and Services pages. I'm thinking that this is either because of where I live, or because other people are getting a different answer to the question "What can I switch to?" by phoning rather than trying it online.

Does anyone know why this is, and maybe one of the E.ON reps can comment on this anomaly. Thanks.

Hi IsaCream_Man

To be honest, not sure why you can't see Saveonline 7 when you log into your online account.

Saveonline 7 is offered nationally to customers with a single rate or Economy 7 meter. As you're already on Saveonline 5, you should be given the option of version 7 when going through the Switch Now button at the bottom of the Your Account page.

I've just tried this out and Saveonline 7 is definitely there.

When were you looking? The only thing I can think of is, there have been occasions over the last couple of weeks where our systems have gone down or encountered certain technical faults. These definitely impacted on the website and did cause a few issues at the time. Maybe this was the root cause?

However, I'm only speculating. The thing is, Saveonline 7 is still available and can be seen on our website.

Give me a shout if you're still having difficulties viewing this IsaCream_Man. Drop an email to the address in my Profile if you prefer. Will be happy to investigate further.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure