Student Loan 2015 Discussion

Options

Comments

• 2sides2everystory
    Options
    First of all, there is no need for personal attacks. Why do you need to continually bump this thread, often with completely irrelevant points?
    Granted you may not be able to see the relevance TOW. I am not "bumping" this thread. Unlike some broken record contributors I do not believe I have posted on Student Finance matters since before Christmas! Someone can check that if they like. I just saw Milly on Marr this morning and thought "Oh Gawd, is that really the only alternative?"
    Personally, I consider a household with an income of £65,000 as wealthy. It has two adults earning more than the UK average salary. Obviously how wealthy, or rather how far that money goes, will depend on where in the country you are, but from my own perspective you can buy a house for that here.
    Your perspective may be limited, TOW. That's ok.
  • The_One_Who
    The_One_Who Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Again with the personal attacks, you do realise that it detracts from any argument you are trying to make, don't you?

What does employment, or airline card fees, petrol prices or the BBC have to do with student money issues? Nothing.
  • 2sides2everystory
    Options
    Again with the personal attacks, you do realise that it detracts from any argument you are trying to make, don't you?

What does employment, or airline card fees, petrol prices or the BBC have to do with student money issues? Nothing.
    In your limited opinion TOW.

My son drives. My son travels. My son is exploited by the retail industry. My son is a 2012 student. My son wants balanced news from the BBC. What's your interest in student finance issues beyond security of your own insider job perhaps?
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

My son drives. My son travels. My son is exploited by the retail industry. My son is a 2012 student. My son wants balanced news from the BBC. What's your interest in student finance issues beyond security of your own insider job perhaps?

What a pathetic assumption. You don't even know anything about TOW and you are assuming she has another agenda!
  • 2sides2everystory
    2sides2everystory Posts: 1,744 Forumite
    edited 15 January 2012 at 4:36PM
    Options
    Well I do remember from a while back, Lokolo that there were a group of protagonists on this forum that had no children due to suffer the Student Loans scheme 2012. And I remember a number of us wondered why on earth they were here constantly steering the thread away from the views of parents like me.
  • The_One_Who
    edited 15 January 2012 at 4:40PM
    Options

Yes, but non-students also drive, travel and shop. That is why there are boards dedicated to these issues.

As a matter of fact, I have no "insider" job. I have nothing to do with higher education any more, other than a student loan of course. I had the option to continue with my education, and that was my initial career aim, but I left because I didn't like the way the sector was going.

2S2ES, no one is trying to "steer the thread away from you", people are simply trying to provide a balanced viewpoint.

(Lokolo - yay, you remembered my gender!)
  • Lokolo
    Options
    Well I do remember from a whileback, Lokolo that there were a group of portagonists on this forum that had no children due to suffer the Student Loans scheme 2012. And I remember a number of us wondered why on earth they were here constantly steering the thread away from the views of parents like me.

Parents that go around insulting people on internet forums?

Having a debate is fine. For instance, I agree with the others. £65k is wealthy. Now if you want to have a debate about reasons why I think that, or if you want to back it up with your evidence, then fine. But to say "oh you aren't intelligent because I am right" shows a serious lack of intelligence.
  • 2sides2everystory
    Options
    OK then TOW, how about addressing the big picture instead of supporting the inevitable train wreck which will become known in history as the unmanageable UK student finance privatisation commencing in 2012 ?

There is already a train wreck in the USA with a similar heading and indeed the USA itself is an inevitable train wreck right now, isn't it? How is the UK protected from the massive economic forces which the banks and their global economist friends have unleashed?

Are you only capable of dealing with little pictures in their own boxes or can you be tempted to do joined up thinking in this forum ? My sons have a life to look forward to - they don't need to be taught how to think inside little boxes.
  • The_One_Who
    Options
    Again with the insults! Jeez. Really does not help your case at all. If you were as good at debating as you think you are you would know that.

I am aware of the 'big picture', and probably have a deeper knowledge of higher education generally than you. You are only looking at things from one point of view - a parent's - and not considering that there are a multitude of factors at play here that will determine the future of each individual institution.

Anyway, I'm not going to continue this since you can't seem to keep the personal attacks out of it. When you can post a reply without insulting someone who only happens to have a different opinion I may return.
  • Lokolo
    Options
    OK then TOW, how about addressing the big picture instead of supporting the inevitable train wreck which will become known in history as the unmanageable UK student finance privatisation commencing in 2012 ?

There is already a train wreck in the USA with a similar heading and indeed the USA itself is an inevitable train wreck right now, isn't it? How is the UK protected from the massive economic forces which the banks and their global economist friends have unleashed?

Are you only capable of dealing with little pictures in their own boxes or can you be tempted to do joined up thinking in this forum ? My sons have a life to look forward to - they don't need to be taught how to think inside little boxes.

This isn't a discussion on the UK economy. It's a discussion on student finance.

If you want to discuss about the UK economy has a whole, I suggest you go here
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback