🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

400 bad request

Options
2»

Comments

• mummalove
    mummalove Posts: 924 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just be pointed in the direction of your thread after I posted one very similar. We also use VM, so am glad to see it seems to be a generic problem and not just something I am going wrong.

Very, very frustrating though. Hope it gets fixed soon I cannot bear not having access to the forums - I am only here now as I am sneaking on at work. But will have to go 'cold turkey' when back home :p
    "A smile takes but a moment...
    ...but the memory of it lasts forever"

:D
  • Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Ian wrote: »
    For those concerned. Virgin Media has been experiencing intermittent routing problems today. This means the data traveling between you and us may not necessarily be traveling via the quickest route. It may even end up being sent down a dead end. Resulting in some data going missing and causing errors.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Fibre-optic-broadband-cable/Routing-Issue/td-p/528533/highlight/true

Ian

Thanks MSE Ian :)

I did try with with Chrome and IE9 and it made very little difference. This kinda explains it :D
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

• asbokid
    asbokid Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    Options
    Meepster wrote: »
    MSE Ian - just sent what you requested. Took me 7 attempts though, kept getting 400 bad request lol

There is a bug in the vBulletin forum software. The 400 Error is thrown by Apache the webserver when the size of the cookie header exceeds some limit (4096 char by default). Sending a vast cookie header with every client request also bumps up bandwidth costs for everyone. The solution would be for vBulletin (who are aware) to re-write the forum software so that only a hash is sent by the client, and that hash references the relevant cookie in the database on the server.
  • mummalove
    mummalove Posts: 924 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    all working ok now :j
    "A smile takes but a moment...
    ...but the memory of it lasts forever"

:D
  • Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Options
    mummalove wrote: »
    all working ok now :j

Yup, been fine for me at work too :)
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport