Question about new contract (re iPhone)

livewire_82
livewire_82 Posts: 124 Forumite
I have a contract with orange which is about to end shortly.
I have decided that I would like to replace my boring Nokia 6303c with a nice shiny iPhone.

My first question relates to iPhone deals in general and wondered if it is possible to get a free gift deal with one anywhere. When I got my 6303c 18 months ago I got a free Nintendo Wii with it but it appears that not many, possibly even no places at all offer free gift deals with Apple iPhones (is this something to do with their sheer domination of the market?)

Secondly, I'm considering waiting for the iPhone 5 but this all depends on how long I'd have to wait. So I wondered if anyone is aware of an accurate release date?

If I do decide to wait for the iPhone 5, I would therefore have to find a deal (i.e. rolling contact or PAYG) to tie me over. I wondered if my current network, Orange would offer such a thing as a rolling contract that I could pull out of without charge as soon as the iPhone 5 is released?

Comments

• gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    My first question relates to iPhone deals in general and wondered if it is possible to get a free gift deal with one anywhere. When I got my 6303c 18 months ago I got a free Nintendo Wii with it but it appears that not many, possibly even no places at all offer free gift deals with Apple iPhones (is this something to do with their sheer domination of the market?)

Correct, you are extremly unlikely to get anything off an iPhone or a free gift, they don't need to to sell the handsets.

When Apple release a new iPhone they pull all stocks of the old one so theres usually no discounts to shift old stock.

Secondly, I'm considering waiting for the iPhone 5 but this all depends on how long I'd have to wait. So I wondered if anyone is aware of an accurate release date?

Ask this question in two weeks....

Apple traditionally don't tell anyone about product releases until they make the announcement although rumours abound. They also traditionally announce a new iPhone at the WorldWide developers conference that happens next week.

The rumours are it will be announced but not availalbe till september, but thats just a rumour, you won't get anything concrete till they say officially.

If I do decide to wait for the iPhone 5, I would therefore have to find a deal (i.e. rolling contact or PAYG) to tie me over. I wondered if my current network, Orange would offer such a thing as a rolling contract that I could pull out of without charge as soon as the iPhone 5 is released?

Your existing contract won't finish, it becomes a standard 30 day rolling contract, All you have done it hit the minimum term that you can cancel without penalty.

It may not be the best deal, but may be better to do that and work out once you know the release date of IP5 what to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure