Cheeky Builders.

Options
Just feel the need to vent.
I live in a mid terrace house so noise can be a problem sometimes. No fault of my neighbours, it's just the way these houses are and i suppose we all have to deal with it.
Anyway neighbours have gone away for the week and for some reason did not let me know that the builders will be there today at 6.30am doing there bathroom. There bathroom is right next to my 3 year old room.
So just after 6.30 this morning my daughter comes running in crying like she had seen a ghost. She hates the sound of a drill and that's what these builders decided there first job would be this morning.
I understand that a lot of folks do DIY on bank holidays so i thought never mind nothing i can do about it now. Still peed me off though.
Then about an hour ago i went into the garden and there was one of the builders outside. I said hello and his response was "Alright Geezer, any chance of a cup of tea for me and the lads. The electric has gone off for some reason and we are all parched"
What a cheeky B.....d. If they want to do any work round my house then they can all the tea they want.
I did say "yes, no problem mate" I might even cook them some lunch and do there bloody shopping for them.
Anyway rant over. I'm just in a bad mood. It's raining and i'm skint lol.

Comments

• BargainGalore
    BargainGalore Posts: 5,243 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    6.30am is too early to do work anyone is an ounce of intelligence and consideration would not work at that time unless if was an emergency I beleive 7am is the earliest although so many argue even thats early maybe 8am

Have a word with them and tell them to please start a little later

Its raining here and skint too, shall we get drunk ;)

Still Italian job is on tonight on C4 in glorious hd in c4HD cant wait
  • sparky76_2
    sparky76_2 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    To be honest i'm just surprised my neighbours did not let me know.
    We both have young children and up until now have always informed each other of any work that we are about to do.
    I do get on with my neighbours and to be honest they might be surprised to hear how early they started.
    Just could not believe he had the bloody cheek to ask me to make a cup of tea for him and his workers.
    I should have just given him my phone number and told him to ring every time he want a cup.
  • BargainGalore
    BargainGalore Posts: 5,243 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Maybe neighbours aren't at fault, if he asked me for a cuppa I tell him where to get off or point him to local cafe
    sparky76 wrote: »
    To be honest i'm just surprised my neighbours did not let me know.
    We both have young children and up until now have always informed each other of any work that we are about to do.
    I do get on with my neighbours and to be honest they might be surprised to hear how early they started.
    Just could not believe he had the bloody cheek to ask me to make a cup of tea for him and his workers.
    I should have just given him my phone number and told him to ring every time he want a cup.
  • sparky76_2
    Options
    Revenge is sweet.
    I am now playing my mom's foster and alan cd that she left here as loud as i can. I'm then going to cook a nice bacon sandwich with the windows wide open. Hope they enjoy the smell lol.
  • Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Revenge is sweet.
    I am now playing my mom's foster and alan cd that she left here as loud as i can. I'm then going to cook a nice bacon sandwich with the windows wide open. Hope they enjoy the smell lol.

How nice for your other neighbours.
    :hello:
  • Unintentional
    Unintentional Posts: 316 Forumite
    Options
    How nice for your other neighbours.

Indeed. That probably won't help the situation either.
    I try to help as much as I can. But I'm also honest and speak my mind.

Smoke free since Jan 2014 :D If you want any advice on quitting please send me a PM. :)
  • sparky76_2
    Options
    The other property is currently unoccupied so not a problem. I'm not in the habit of fighting noise with noise, but to start drilling at 6.30 in the morning is taking the !!!!.
    Yes i could have gone round and complained, but the damage had been done. I have not got a problem with any work that needs to be done in the day just not at that time in the morning.
    To be honest i was more shocked that the cheeky sod wanted me to make tea for them.
  • Outpost
    Outpost Posts: 1,720 Forumite
    Options
    Yes i could have gone round and complained, but the damage had been done.
    And of course you didn't have the bottle to go round and complain. :)
    :cool:
  • sparky76_2
    Options
    So i go round and complain. What are they really going to do, down tools. Don't think so. Yes they may have said sorry. Bloody idiots should have had more sense than to start drilling at that time of the morning. Just some common sense really.
    So don't cast aspersion regarding my bottle. If i complain it's to get an end result. Like i said damage had already been done so what could i really expect to gain from complaining.
    If the work continues through out this week and they still start at a ridiculous time then trust me i will do more than complain.
  • Outpost
    Outpost Posts: 1,720 Forumite
    Options
    Just some common sense really.
    So don't cast aspersion regarding my bottle.
    It's hard not to given that even after these builders had woken you up at half past six in the morning with their drilling, you nonetheless replied with a genial 'yes no problem' when they asked you to make them all tea.

I don't mean to offend but that hardly sounds like the actions of a person willing to stand up for themselves.
    If the work continues through out this week and they still start at a ridiculous time then trust me i will do more than complain.
    Scary. Such as? :)
    :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family