How are we all doing?

Options

Comments

• piratess
    piratess Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    Options
    Ooo brilliant thread thanks Zippy, and im so glad its not just me still in a tizz

Im going to write and deliver xmas cards this week! and i must buy a postage box tomorow to send presents to sheffield.

Ive got to pick my mums pressie up, i have to buy one more thing for my neice (stocking filler) . buy for PIL. and for SIL and partner, and also have to do some more wrapping,

Luckily i dont have to worry about the food side of things because we are spending it with my parents in Kernow! so will only have to buy munchies and alcohol when we get there ....

2 weeks to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aarrgghhhhh
    Hoping to be a thinner me in 2010!
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Im doing really well, presents all bought and wrapped, all christmas food bought and cards written.
    So, i still need to give out the cards (and get stamps and post the ones that need to go, luckily the overseas one has already gone)
    Also need to buy the fresh fruit and veg, cheese and cream, but that will be done a few days before christmas.
  • Lizbetty
    Options
    I'm doing rubbishly!!! This year, I decided to make the cards, make teabreads and fudge for people to save money, and do all my shopping on the internet....

So far..I have ordered the card to make the cards (yesterday, will be here Wednesday hopefully), taken some very dodgy photos of my daughter for the cards (not xmassy ones, she wouldn't stay still OR keep her santa hat on), made two teabreads which we ate last week (oops - to make sure they weren't poisonous), and placed a shopping order online due to be delivered today with my ingredients to make fudge, etc.

Presents are a nightmare - I've hardly got OH anything (bottle of wine and a wind up phone charger), and we've lots to get for rellies. I keep fannying about when I get on the computer 'to buy presents' and end up looking at baby websites, etc, as I'm due a baby in January and my concentration is pants.

Just found out I can't have the baby at the local Birth Centre as it's shut on a night (????????!!!!!!) due to shortstaffing, too, so we're looking at hospitals (eeeek!)/other options which is keeping me awake all night, along with how on Earth I'll get to Tesco to buy the stuffing they recommended in the newspaper. Sigh.

Jam butties and teabread on xmas day it is, then........ :rolleyes: Please tell me there's someone else in a worse position who is feeling they can manage it on time???? :eek:

Luce
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    At least you have a good excuse Luce. if it makes you feel better I spoke to my friend last week and she told me she hasn't done anything....yes nothing! She didn't seem at all bothered, I was more panicked.

Did you see that Richard and Judy best book for Christmas programme Sunday, they had Ricky Gervaise on and he admitted that he left it so late to get presents one year all that was open was the newsagents so he ended up buying all his relations lottery tickets :rotfl:
  • Alison_B
    Alison_B Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am stressing terribly. I am always so organised but for some reason this year, I just cannot think what to get my sister and her family. Trouble with this year is that after christmas last year, I looked at what she was selling on Ebay and found some of the gifts that I had given to them. I suppose it serves me right for being nosey but obviously they didn't like what I bought them.

She has bought making things for my family but won't give me a clue to hers. I need help. My brain has just stopped working.
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How much do you want to spend Alison and do the family have any hobbies or interests, how old are the children?

Could you book them tickets to see a theatre show or local pantomine?

Rather than stress yourself out I think I would go for one family present and leave it at that. Shame she won't at least give you a few ideas. Would they like a charity present if you adopted them a monkey, donkey or child in africa?
  • newcook
    newcook Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    aarrrgggh!!! thats how I'm doing!!!! every january I promise myself that the following xmas I will be organised and have got all the presents throughout the year and come December smile smugly to myself as people rush through town, thinking of all the presents I have bought which are all wrapped, labled and ready to go... the reality is however, I get to October and think I must start soon, I think the same thing in November and suddenly its gets to December and I realize I haven't got anyone anything!:eek: this year is no different - we are on 12 December and all I have got is a stocking filler for my neice and main present for OH. I am going to have to do the xmas rush and get the rest on 23rd as I dont get paid til 22nd...
  • Alison_B
    Alison_B Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    *zippy* wrote:
    How much do you want to spend Alison and do the family have any hobbies or interests, how old are the children?

Could you book them tickets to see a theatre show or local pantomine?

Rather than stress yourself out I think I would go for one family present and leave it at that. Shame she won't at least give you a few ideas. Would they like a charity present if you adopted them a monkey, donkey or child in africa?

We set a budget of £50 per family. There are 5 to buy for in their family. Their kids are 23, 16 and 13. They appear to have everything, that is why I am struggling.

The charity present is a good idea if I can't think of anything else.
  • karren
    karren Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Options
    lol, I too found that I had 10 boxes of cards!!! ( but they were only 30p) so thats them sorted for the next 10years!
    I have written my cards ( alas have lost address book though)
    I have bought nearly everything I think
    I have wrapped hubbues presents!
    We put up the tree and decorations
    And thats it, so far but in my defense Im skint (farepak agent) so chrsitmas spirit is low
    THe kids are off from school with really heavy colds, but im getting thre.
    :A :j
  • helen_caslass
    Options
    Alison_B wrote:
    I am stressing terribly. I am always so organised but for some reason this year, I just cannot think what to get my sister and her family. Trouble with this year is that after christmas last year, I looked at what she was selling on Ebay and found some of the gifts that I had given to them. I suppose it serves me right for being nosey but obviously they didn't like what I bought them.

She has bought making things for my family but won't give me a clue to hers. I need help. My brain has just stopped working.

gift vouchers?????
    be loyal, be loud, be cas, be proud

look learn laugh love rainbows has begun
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills