unravellng of a relationship........

Options
my mate is in a relationship with a girl who is 8 years younger, he`s working ,she is a student,and as far as I know nothing happened in the bedroom for a few months....,they have an 8 year old daughter and a relation staying with them,youngish person
however his girlfriend goes clubbing every now and then with her sis, her & my mate have hardly been out together in the last year and half
anyway his girlfriend says I`m going clubbing this weekend with a few friends, one or 2 of them is blokes is that okay...?, my mate says okay
anyway the day comes, and she goes out, he babysits, but has since found out she went and met one bloke not any other peeps , and that she texted him before hand to suggest they go for a couple of drinks before hand and then go to the club together,which they did , he is very down, as she did cheat on him just after the daughter was born and they got back together...I keep saying theres nothing in it...but he feels there is , any thoughts...besides the troll ones......

Comments

• alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    Why doesn't he talk to her. It may be innocent but could build into something more. He needs to nip it in the bud now otherwise he may lose her.
  • Mics_chick
    Mics_chick Posts: 12,014 Forumite
    Options
    He needs to find out the truth and can only get that from her.

How did he find out the situation was different to what she told him anyway?

They've obviously got some problems and need to face up to them first to try to sort them out - may be counselling would help?

Be a friend to support and advise him (not tell him what he should do) but gently say that he's the only one that can sort things out with his g/f.
    You should never call somebody else a nerd or geek because everybody (even YOU !!!) is an
    "anorak" about something whether it's trains, computers, football, shoes or celebs :p :rotfl:
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    communication otherwise 2 and 2 always make 5, so much pain and hurt for a misunderstanding , easily avoided with communication xxx
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • Thanks for all your replies

Yeah I do think there is a comunication problem here, and there are bigger issues, i.e he works hard,but he has slipped into a bit of routine,
    what I think is the girlfriend wants to party, and they are going in two directions, he is now talking to me about moving out, he just feels even after talking to her he is not getting the truth, and her comment was, well you can go out with a girl mate if you want, i.e tit for tat, but thats not like him...so I have a feeling he will walk...shame really
  • NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The fact that they haven't been out together for a year and a half speaks volumes! Why not? She's young, so of course she wants to go out. Sounds like your friend is growing old way before his time. He is still at an age where he should be out enjoying himself most weeks (babysitter required) and letting his girlfriend know he wants to be out with her having fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure