ISA Transfer Missing

Options
Hi all

I've opened a ISA account with Halifax and requested a transfer from my old ISA account which is with Santander. I looked in my Santander account and they closed my ISA account, but there are no funds added to my Halifax ISA.

Does this take a few days to update?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They send a cheque, so could take more than a few days, check in a weeks time.
  • dmsu
    dmsu Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Lokolo :)
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    Lokolo wrote: »
    They send a cheque, so could take more than a few days, check in a weeks time.

No, they send a BACS payment.

There should be a delay of around 3 working days between the Santander account being closed and the money being credited to the Halifax account.
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    rb10 wrote: »
    No, they send a BACS payment.

There should be a delay of around 3 working days between the Santander account being closed and the money being credited to the Halifax account.

Sorry, it was Santander, so I had my doubts about them using an up-to-date technology. :cool:
  • bluegentoo
    Options
    I also tranferred and ISA recently from Santander to Halifax. I received a letter initially from Halifax saying that they had requested the transfer from Santander and then a month later another letter from Halifax saying that they had still not been sent my money and had requested it again. It seems that Santander are using the maximum time that they can get away with to transfer funds in order to hang onto your money longer. The only good thing about this is that Halifax are crediting me interest from the day they opened my account when the first letter was sent and not from when they actually received the money.
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    bluegentoo wrote: »
    I also tranferred and ISA recently from Santander to Halifax. I received a letter initially from Halifax saying that they had requested the transfer from Santander and then a month later another letter from Halifax saying that they had still not been sent my money and had requested it again. It seems that Santander are using the maximum time that they can get away with to transfer funds in order to hang onto your money longer. The only good thing about this is that Halifax are crediting me interest from the day they opened my account when the first letter was sent and not from when they actually received the money.
    My Santander to Halifax transfer was initiated on 6th April and completed with cleared funds on 14th April, which doesn't seem to support your 'hanging on to money' theory........

It's more likely to be due to simple ineptitude, from my experience of Santander.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure