sky magiceye not working

Options
I recently bought a magic eye and cable off amazon and initialy had it trailing losely on floor from living room 1 (sky + box) to living room 2 no probems worked fine.
I then decided it was pointless having same channel on downstairs so ran it from my bedroom multiroom (normal sky box) to the living room2 tv.
since doing this the picture is been sent to the tv but the magic eye is showing that there is no power getting to it so i can't change the channel.

I have set up the RF output on sky upstairs it was showing as channel 68 but was recomended to change to 21.

I thought there may of been problem with the magic eye so bought another one only £4 so no problem,have changed it today with same result.
where am i going wrong any ideas ?

Comments

• spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Is the power supply to the RF2 Output turned on?

Services-O-1-Select on the remote will give you the engineers menu,Then check in RF output.

They're normally set to off on default on standard boxes iirc.
  • tobymangel
    tobymangel Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    yeah have turned that on and to channel 21 the tv downstairs has also been tuned to 21 to match this
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you checked that you are getting DC to the remote end of the cable, 5volts if memory serves, or is there a LED?
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Check that none of the copper braiding is touching the center stinger,that will short out the 9v feed.
  • tobymangel
    Options
    there is an LED on the magic eye which isn't lit at present which is why i bought another one as thought it was faulty everything seems to be in place for it to work as it was before but I've obviously missed something when moving it upstairs
  • tobymangel
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Check that none of the copper braiding is touching the center stinger,that will short out the 9v feed.

the copper braiding is all cut back only the centre wire is protuding from the cable is this correct?
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The screen needs to make contact with the outer part of the connector. Takes both wires to complete the circuit.
    Check the eye by plugging it into the RF2 output of the Sky box.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • tobymangel
    Options
    seems as though this is what has caused it when i moved it upstairs i had tidied up the wiring not realising this was what was needed to power it.
    I have now got it working thanks for the replies knew i should of come here before buying another eye.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure