Tru Diamonds

Options

Comments

• Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The ASA investigated this company for false advertising, the address on the report is given as

Monark Global LTD (T/A Tru Diamonds)
    Suite 158
    2 Lansdowne Road
    London
    W1J 6HL

Is this the address you have?

http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adjudications/2009/3/Monarch-Global-Ltd/TF_ADJ_45909.as

All the literature - invoice and catalogue - that came with the jewelry just has this address - PO Box 58, Porth, CF39 8WZ and an 08700 phone number which could get expensive if they don't deal the enquiry quickly.
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    That postcode is South Wales, and there IS a town called Porth. The local council is Rhondda Cynon Taff I believe, I dont know if that will help Mojisola, perhaps their Trading Standards may know who they are?
  • Mojisola
    Options
    meritaten wrote: »
    That postcode is South Wales, and there IS a town called Porth. The local council is Rhondda Cynon Taff I believe, I dont know if that will help Mojisola, perhaps their Trading Standards may know who they are?

Thanks for that. I've now found this address -
    Tru-Diamonds
    Porth Place
    Porth
    Mid Glamorgan
    CF39 9RU

I've looked on Google Maps but haven't pinned it down yet but maybe that will be enough of an address to send the stuff back.

Why on earth would a company not give out the address of an actual building?
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    I think Porth Place is a tiny area just off Porth Street. theres a few shops and flats If I am thinking of the right one. I dont know the area well just driven through a couple of times when my son worked near there.
  • skea56
    skea56 Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Newshound!
    Options
    Is the above user allowed to post? I thought business reps had to seek permission from MSE before signing up?

sk56
    Savings: £2 Jar: £804/£1000
    Debts: Santander 1211.12/1780.47 (32% Paid) Total Debt Paid Off £12871.66
  • Padstow
    Padstow Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    Options
    Mojisola wrote: »
    I would point out to the Tru Diamonds' company that they only give a PO Box address for returning goods. It is not possible to send a recorded delivery package to a PO Box.

If I send the goods back through the ordinary post, there is nothing to stop Tru Diamonds from saying they didn't receive them and charging for the goods.

Tru Diamond - provide a proper address for your business!
    They can't stay hidden. If you request their address via royal Mail, they will give it to you.

Had the Tru Diamonds geezer come here to apologize for the distress caused to your mother OP, and made amends, I would have been impressed. As it is? Oh dear.:mad:
  • Mojisola
    Options
    I am even more concerned now. The bank has confirmed that the first payment of £2.89 has been taken out of Mum's account so they do have access to it. If I can't prove that the returned goods have reached them, there's nothing to stop them taking out the next £19.99.
  • gingin_2
    gingin_2 Posts: 2,992 Forumite
    Options
    It's a really poor reponse from Tru Diamonds, that has now been removed ( and well quoted mishka ). Mr/Ms Tru Diamond, if you'd taken the time to address the opening poster and help her with her problem maybe all could have ended well but instead you've tried to use it as a plug for your company without addressing her problem properly. Pretty shoddy, really.
  • Mojisola
    Options
    Thanks for that. I've now found this address -
    Tru-Diamonds
    Porth Place
    Porth
    Mid Glamorgan
    CF39 9RU

I've looked on Google Maps but haven't pinned it down yet but maybe that will be enough of an address to send the stuff back.

Why on earth would a company not give out the address of an actual building?

There are five properties in Porth Place, according to the postcode finder website. If Google is marking the right place on the satellite maps, they are terraced cottages behind a Tattoo and Piercing Studio.

If the company isn't forthcoming with an address, I think I'll try just "Porth Place" and hope the postman knows which house to deliver it to.
  • Bargainblitzer
    Options
    I am even more concerned now. The bank has confirmed that the first payment of £2.89 has been taken out of Mum's account so they do have access to it. If I can't prove that the returned goods have reached them, there's nothing to stop them taking out the next £19.99.

If they have taken the payment then surely someone must have given them account details to be able to do that? If a scammer gets hold of your account details then they'd just take the money, they wouldn't bother sending you something in return.

I think most companies in this situation would be (and certainly should be) happy to sort out a refund. But you do have to consider that if your mother has made this order and then forgotten, how would a company know when taking the order that the person is not of the right mind to commit to it?

Just a word of warning, as I've had similar issues in the past and similar arguments with various companies when my father was getting a bit older and forgetful, but you might need to find some way of making it impossible for your mother to order things using a card over the phone or internet.

I found that luckily companies were very helpful under the circumstances but it is natural to jump to the conclusion it is a scam.

Have they said they will help sort out a refund and return for you?

Definitely agree you should make sure it goes recorded delivery just to cover yourself. They may be able to reimburse you for your postage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure