🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Extreme Couponing

Options
124»

Comments

• jenny.b
    jenny.b Posts: 249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    so I guess the question is where in the UK can we get coupons?? I have memories of my gran having LOADS, but I never seem to come across any these days.

there's a thread on coupons http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3202004&highlight=coupon+18

The ones Iv'e found are from googling, and beforeishop. website, as well as the thread and various emails from brands :) HTH
  • recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    I just watched this for the first time tonight on Discovery and I was completely fascinated! I don't understand how the stuff is effectively free though? If they have a coupon for $1 off of something and the product is $2 how does that become free? Also on most of the coupons I get it says one coupon per transaction - doesn't that apply in the States? I wish it were like that here! Also I noticed that they got 5c on each bag of their own they took - all we get is one mealsy clubcard point!
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • jenny.b
    jenny.b Posts: 249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just watched this for the first time tonight on Discovery and I was completely fascinated! I don't understand how the stuff is effectively free though? If they have a coupon for $1 off of something and the product is $2 how does that become free? Also on most of the coupons I get it says one coupon per transaction - doesn't that apply in the States? I wish it were like that here! Also I noticed that they got 5c on each bag of their own they took - all we get is one mealsy clubcard point!

I don't have all the answers (i'm watching this as we speak) - it seems that some american stores double the coupons, so if you use a $1 coupon, they match it, so if you buy a $2 item with a dollar coupon that doubles, it turns out to be free! :eek:

its crazy! we get good savings with our coupons (if you do it right), but nothing like they get

I know they get a lot of incentive to recycle too - like some glass bottles in america give you a 5cent rebate if you recycle it.

It almost makes you want to move to america lol
  • recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    jenny.b wrote: »
    I don't have all the answers (i'm watching this as we speak) - it seems that some american stores double the coupons, so if you use a $1 coupon, they match it, so if you buy a $2 item with a dollar coupon that doubles, it turns out to be free! :eek:

its crazy! we get good savings with our coupons (if you do it right), but nothing like they get

I know they get a lot of incentive to recycle too - like some glass bottles in america give you a 5cent rebate if you recycle it.

It almost makes you want to move to america lol

Oh Wow! Doubling - now I get it. I wish they did that here - I never seem to be able to get much mileage out of coupons, particularly as nowhere here takes them if you don't buy the product anymore. Asda are Walmart so why don't they offer the same deal as they do to their US customers?
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • Hadley
    Hadley Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Hi was last nights episode a new one or a repeat of the ones already shown.Thanks.
  • the_kentish_maid
    Options
    last nights show was a repeat ..... but still had to watch it again lol just wish they had them sort of coupons here
  • Hadley
    Hadley Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Kentish maid thought I had missed one then.I really like the show it gives me coupon envy lol.I used to live in the US and used to use coupons but nothing like on this programme.The on thing I miss about living in the states is the shopping and the prices.
  • elfen
    elfen Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Options
    Wow!

Just watching this program (catch-up online) and it is mental...Discussing it with mum and dad and why it wouldn't work so well in this country...minimum spend...one per transaction
    ** Total debt: £6950.82 ± May NSDs 1/10 **
    ** Fat Bum Shrinking: -7/56lbs **
    **SPC 2012 #1498 -£152 and 1499 ***
    I do it all because I'm scared.
  • Haffiana
    Haffiana Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why is that spam post from couponlov3r still in this thread? Isn't this board moderated?
  • Eric_Pisch
    Eric_Pisch Posts: 8,720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have enjoyed it so far

wish we could get deals like this in the uk :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport